TRADITIONAL It's SUPER ELLIOT!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've recorded a few videos and then done more work on Super Elliot so they were insta-redundant.

The recap is that I dropped a few links into the 1/8 chain and moved up to the big cog on the back - and it's entirely viable as a single speed for where I'm riding it.

And I have been riding it, quite a bit, and am much more comfortable on it - or, mostly have got the mojo. It's a giggle.

Jumping back on to a two-wheeler is a laugh too - it all feels very loose for a bit.

I tried a few different grips and came back to these gel jobs. Headlight for winter getting dark earlier. I found out that the chrome vinyl wrap is to stop the shoe scuffs on step-through.

Still playing with the fit-out in between skidz. There's no Kustom Kultchure yet either.

headlight.jpg

Indeed! Way cool.

But the shtick with this one is to use what I had in stock where possible, take-offs from other builds etc.

I did buy this for a motorcycle a long time ago, but it was too big and it's never been used. Howeva ...

I'll fabricate a mount - perhaps. It does hide the perfect tail light though.

I was thinking more like a Rat Fink sticker on the axle assembly.

bag.jpg

Beautiful build. I always enjoy your photography on the builds, you manage to find just the right depth: A bicycle that is perfectly sharp in the picture and a subtle faded background.
I wonder if the bike tends to lift one wheel up when you go through a corner.

Beautiful build. I always enjoy your photography on the builds, you manage to find just the right depth: A bicycle that is perfectly sharp in the picture and a subtle faded background.
I wonder if the bike tends to lift one wheel up when you go through a corner.
Cheers for that - thanks - and yep - it lifts a rear wheel quite easily. There is a bit of a knack to it. I've got much better over time - it's pretty good fun now.

Cheers for that - thanks - and yep - it lifts a rear wheel quite easily. There is a bit of a knack to it. I've got much better over time - it's pretty good fun now.

. I always enjoy your photography on the builds, you manage to find just the right depth:
Agreed! I have been trying to mimic Dave’s photography methods. We inquired about your method in another thread. I haven’t mastered it yet, but my skills are improving. I can’t quite get the colors to pop. Not to make excuses, but I am also working with a beginner kit lens.

Basically, I zoom all the way in, reduce the fstop to lowest number and back up until bike is within frame.

That's the way a build should go. Keep trying different things even if they veer from your original vision. Just let the bike tell you what it wants to be. This one is truly coming out to be a beautiful classy ride. I think you made the right decision. Looks incredible.

Agreed! I have been trying to mimic Dave’s photography methods. We inquired about your method in another thread. I haven’t mastered it yet, but my skills are improving. I can’t quite get the colors to pop. Not to make excuses, but I am also working with a beginner kit lens.

Basically, I zoom all the way in, reduce the fstop to lowest number and back up until bike is within frame.
Quite some time ago I bought a canon camera with a cheap kit lens. at the time the sales assistant told me the first thing I should do was to throw that lens in the Rubbish.

Not too long later. I went back to the shop to show him the newspaper where I had won a $2000 photography prize with that very glass.

Surprisingly, he wasn’t working there any more.

It won the ‘my Auckland’ prize. I don’t mind a kit lens.

Mind you - the glass I’m using these days is worth a bit over 4 grand. 😁

5530518107_f3ac828d42_o.jpeg

Back