J.C. Higgins Color Flow (skip tooth!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Went to my LBS looking for a bike box and found this instead. (no box!) Little rusty, but I think the good parts are salvageable. :mrgreen:

JChiggins015_zpsaa6abb00.jpg

JChiggins018_zps357bd01c.jpg

JChiggins020_zps3d937ee2.jpg

JChiggins021_zps9ac6b8a8.jpg

JChiggins022_zps26f2b4bc.jpg

JChiggins023_zps79f826e8.jpg

JChiggins024_zps2059c919.jpg

JChiggins025_zps29a12303.jpg

JChiggins026_zpsff793dcd.jpg

Re: J.C. Higgins skip tooth

Yeah Im happy! Gave everything a small shot of WD40 and it all came loose and apart quickly with no problems! :D

You've gotta love when the plan comes apart that easy.
Are you going you keep it seperated, restore or reconfigure?
That sure is a nice bunch of potential there any way you look at it.

I don't know, I wanted to use the parts on my men's Derby but I can use the cash right about now. I honestly don't know. I guess I'll post it up for sale and see how it goes, if it doesn't go anywhere I'll try to make the skirts fit on my Derby and many even the fork. :D

Yeah, those are the dilemnas a lot of us only wish we had !
That's a pretty workable OG finish and straight metal on a lot of the parts that so many folks could use and appreciate.
Then again it's a great source of parts for personal projects and still some to share and offset the costs..... and then again with that much raw material on a girl's frame and with the build off just around the corner it could really get the wheels turning for a radical custom too.
I haven't the skills, tools or raw materials myself, but I can see that a potential ightly stretched , sex changed, mildly raked forks, low swept bars, Gene Winfield/Barris Bros custom could be sitting right there too! hmmmm........might have me offing another of my bikes and buying a welder and paint gun.
I hope that I was able to help you decide a bit. :wink:

Extra cash is always nice, but you can post or PM me a few pics of what bikes you have up to offer. After all ILIKEBIKES! :mrgreen:

Oh!...No, No, No friend! I suggested that I'd consider' OFFING' a bike as in get rid of, to buy the tools that I would need, not offERing as in a trade :shock:
Now you might have opened a whole new can of worms. :roll:

Hey man cut me a break! It was late and my eyes aren't what they used to be! :lol: :wink: If anyones interested in parts let me knw so we can work something out. Ill be posting her in the "for sale" thread in a few minutes. Lots of sweet hard to find bits 'n pieces on her! :mrgreen:

Now I'm just trying to interrrupt and delay your for sale posting.
I have a bike customer coming by in a few minutes, so I might have a few bike bucks to blow and see if I might be able to get in on something.
I counted 5 members in that forurm at the moment, so I've gotta trip you up a bit.
I'm 1/2 kidding, good luck with your sale man.

Actually I can hold off posting her up in the "for sale" thread for a bit, after all you are the first guy in line. :)

Late For Dinner is a straight up guy and I know there are a few parts of mine that he missed on that you have on that bike. He wanted a part of mine and came through when he said he would. Good luck to you both on a deal.
-Brian

I just got a PM from a member asking about the fork, so Im going to move this thing over to the for sale thread before I get the mods up my butt. :wink:

I stripped the Higgins down to bare frame, next Im going to strip the paint off of all the parts, (this weekend) then treat the rust. Once the parts are all clean I will paint them two tone orange with white pinstipes! Going to put everything on my Derby and make it a "Pseudo J.C. Higgins!" :D

That was an awesome find on that Higgins and I'm glad that you decided to enjoy those cool parts yourself.
You are going end up with wickedly cool ride and not have to bust open your Piggy bank to do it.
I just hope that you share some more pics of your build along the way or at least the finished bike.
Oh! don't forget to pick up that bike box that you went for when you found this beauty. :D

I think an after pic would be okay here and/or in the 'Before and After' section.
If you wanted to document your progress along the way, you can post pics in the build section.
Looking forward to your update where ever you decide to post the pics.

Back