J. C. Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo-8.jpg

$80 on fb I offered him 60 he said sure. Picking it up tonight. Think it's a good deal?

It seems fair. It certainly looks pretty nice. :wink:

These Jc Higgins' are a mystery to me. Sears supposedly retired the name in '64(? give or take a year) and yet these green cruisers most definitely seem to be '80's bikes... maybe someone can shed some light.

Unchained said:
It seems fair. It certainly looks pretty nice. :wink:

These Jc Higgins' are a mystery to me. Sears supposedly retired the name in '64(? give or take a year) and yet these green cruisers most definitely seem to be '80's bikes... maybe someone can shed some light.
I don't recall seeing them in the store, but I guess they saw Murray's Monterey sales and figured they could horn in on it! And those later frames still had the same pointy Murray dropouts like the 60s originals had. -Adam

I picked it up for 50. The guy said it was his dads and I said it was probably from the 80's
he seemed to think it was older.

The paint job is in mint condition it rides nice besides the short crank Arms.
It's not as long as my schwinn so I'm gonna get creative and make the seat sit back over the back wheel. Cuz it feels like I'm sitting on top of the handle bars haha

Looks kind of average cruiser size. Looks like a lot of pullback in the bars, and the big fat seat's all the way to the front. No doubt you can make it fit with a little custom work. :wink:

Back