Japan!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up this morning with the news of a big 8.9 earthquake in Japan followed by smaller quakes, tsunami, fires and innocent lives lost. I don't know anyone from japan but I thought I would come on here and maybe we can all say a little prayer for the people over there that are going through these hard times.

Peace.
DonQui

I turned on the news around 10:45 last night and they were showing the damage from a 7.9 earthquake, a lot of fires and buildings everywhere. Then a helicopter that was recording to live TV panned over to the ocean and showed a wall of water, I thought it would just go inland a little ways to receed back into the ocean but it didn't stop. It looked like the farther it went inland the bigger it got because all of the debry it kept picking up along the way and about that time the quake also got upgraded to a 8.9. When they switched from the live images of Japan to my local news forecasters they were all silent and just kept looking at the camera so they switched back to the live images of Japan... I will defineley be keeping Japan in my thoughts. On another note, is it just me or does it seem like there has been a lot of major earthquakes in the last 2 years or so Chile, Haiti, Japan....

I heard about it on the radio first thing this AM. watching the video is like watching something out of science fiction. So tragic. I'll have to reach out to a friend in Tokyo......

bicycleguy said:
I turned on the news around 10:45 last night and they were showing the damage from a 7.9 earthquake, a lot of fires and buildings everywhere. Then a helicopter that was recording to live TV panned over to the ocean and showed a wall of water, I thought it would just go inland a little ways to receed back into the ocean but it didn't stop. It looked like the farther it went inland the bigger it got because all of the debry it kept picking up along the way and about that time the quake also got upgraded to a 8.9. When they switched from the live images of Japan to my local news forecasters they were all silent and just kept looking at the camera so they switched back to the live images of Japan... I will defineley be keeping Japan in my thoughts. On another note, is it just me or does it seem like there has been a lot of major earthquakes in the last 2 years or so Chile, Haiti, Japan....

WOW

I think I watched the same video yes the WALL OF WATER and debris got bigger and stronger!

such a scary thing to see

The people of Japan will be in my thought and prayers

Skip

I'm sure the international community will come through for them.

I heard one commentator in Japan say that many were buying bikes trying to get home since all the trains were stopped.

My brother lives in Japan (strangely nobody in my family stateside knows exactly where :? ) so when I heard about the quake this morning I jumped on the phone to see if anyone had heard from him. About an hour later he posted on FB that he was ok. I raised him on Skype and talked with him for a bit. He is in southern Japan and far away from the scenes we are seeing on TV. Add to this one the fact that he was in Valparaiso, Chile when that quake hit last year kinda makes me glad he is on the other side of the world. He seems to attract the big ones.

no, bicycleguy, its not just you. my buddy and i just discussed the same thing. volcano eruptions also. and the weather is certainly changing. i dont know whats goin on but this old world is actin funny.

Extremes of weather and vulcanism are the norm. We're in a narrow little band between too much solar activity or not enough, and our planet is being constantly bombarded with various compounds, both organic and inorganic. These occurrences, and the very body of the planet, are gravitationally effected by the varying proximity of other nearby orbiting bodies. A well directed solar flare or an unseen asteroid could take us out at any time. Sweet dreams. :mrgreen:

just crazy!! the water is still receding in S.F. high tide was supposed to be at 5:15 pm and it hasn't started coming back in yet... :shock:

I feel sorry for the Japanese. Their country sits right on the Pacific "ring of fire". A quake like that could easily happen on the west coast from Seattle to LA. I hope it's a long way off. Gary

I traded e-mails with my friend Micah in Japan yesterday, he is in Tokyo. No cell phones, no public transportation and no panic or crime. He comments that he is "very proud of his Japan". Tokyo was getting aftershocks every 30 mins after the big one, lots of explosions and breaking glass around the city. I cant imagine the emotional and physical devastation that that conuntry has and will sustain through this ordeal. it's just incomprehensible.

MarksA-C said:
This is something I noticed on a youtube video, scared the crap outta me... :shock:

USA lost many lives on 9-11-01 and now Japan has lost more lives on 3-10-11.

Add the 2 dates together and you get 12-21-12.

Thanks for that, my heart just skipped a beat :shock:

This is terrible for Japan. It looks like it will be impossible to clean the mess up, but recovery is possible. Im not sure what hapened with those reactors so far, but that will be terrible if anything bad happens...As far as ive heard, nothing serious has been released, just hydrogen?

But what really annoys me, is that Charlie sheen still has not left the media's attention.

Latest posts

Back