Jc Higgins Colorflow bike Tank swaped What looks better 7/11

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im curious to see what the name of the color is on your dupi color can & to see how close of a match it may be .. Thanks for your help :D
outskirtscustoms said:
The dupli-color perfect match had that same pearl hue to it, I've still got half a can of it, I'll spray some scrap I have laying around and show you what it looks like. I'd say it's a close enough match nobody would know.

Thanks to Chrismac and Advance Auto, I think I found a cool way to mimic your colorflow lights.

WP_002259.jpg

Says on the cap label:
BHA0906 Hampsted Green Metallic (BG11M)
Replaces 9900906
If they have to order it the Barcode # is: 26916-71559
American.jpg

American006.jpg

American007.jpg

Re: 1950 ? Jc Higgins Colorflow bikes mess need bicycle advise..

tanksalot said:
Ok today I switched the seat .That was a no brainer .
Im on the fence on white or green rims ??? :?:
I switched the Tank .. Witch tank looks better :?: :?: The restored green tank or the correct beige tank. Please Let me know people .. Thanks :D PS if somebody could switch this thread to the build page Id appriciate it. :D Anyone know who made Higgins pedals Id like to replace the pedal shafts on the Higgins script petals I have,
Heres the Beige Tank..
DSC02613.jpg

DSC02615.jpg

Heres the green tank..
0065.jpg

0072.jpg
Bueatiful !

Just out of curiosity what does that bike weigh? Looks like a tank! But that's a good thing, good old American iron.

One of your photos the one in the light the color looks pretty close. The other pic in the shade it looks off. Its a really tricky color.What is it called on the can? The color looks similar two what I have tried in the past. Thank you for showing me though. Im likely going to keep both tanks for now till I can figure out what to do Id hate to find a good paint match in the future & not have the tank I can paint on...
The bike weighs a Ton .Ive never had it on a scale it feels like 80 lbs though. :? Its feels like its double the weight of my pre war columbia tank bikes & It makes my mead Ranger feel like a light weight. Its heavyer than a Toyota Prius :lol:
outskirtscustoms said:
Just out of curiosity what does that bike weigh? Looks like a tank! But that's a good thing, good old American iron.

tanksalot said:
One of your photos the one in the light the color looks pretty close. The other pic in the shade it looks off. Its a really tricky color.What is it called on the can? The color looks similar two what I have tried in the past. Thank you for showing me though. Im likely going to keep both tanks for now till I can figure out what to do Id hate to find a good paint match in the future & not have the tank I can paint on...
The bike weighs a Ton .Ive never had it on a scale it feels like 80 lbs though. :? Its feels like its double the weight of my pre war columbia tank bikes & It makes my mead Ranger feel like a light weight. Its heavyer than a Toyota Prius :lol:
outskirtscustoms said:

Dupli-color Perfect Match Hampsted Green Metallic
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/access ... ier=193146

Another option, coming at it from a different direction:
Tie the Beige tank/seat together by using green rims and cream colored tires.

Back