JC Higgins?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone know the model or approximate year?

6-23-13001_zps2479e169.jpg

Sorry, that's the only photo I have from a Craigslist ad. The head badge looks to be diamond shaped with red stripe/markings down the middle. Can't read the chain guard clearly. Looks like "Slammin" or something like that. Been waiting on a reply from the owner.

It looks like a newer store brand bike w/ the MTB forks, foam grips and reflectors. And with a name like "Slammin" i'd guess its an attempt at a "retro" bike.

US late 90's made Murray badged JC Higgins before they were sold to other different Countries makers until Briggs & Stratton finally bought the name for the mowers. Murray was trying to do more retro bikes and they even came back with springer forks and the Mercury name to stay alive within the newer cheaper Chinese bikes.

If you got it the I could help with the year which would be on the Stem and on a sticker above the bottom bracket. although not collectible It's a great bike and will last a longer time than the newer bikes.

Personally I wouldn't pay more than $50 but I'm a cheap skate. They can be made cool with a bit of work but at the end of the day it's still a 90's mid grade bike, for $100 there are better deals to be had.

I would say no more than $80 since it's in great condition and since it's just a regular rider beach cruiser to ride while your doing custom bikes.

From what I have seen the only ones from that year that go $100 & over is the red Murray Valiant Classic/springer fork like the one in the image below, the black Murray Galaxy/springer fork and the blue & white Mercury bikes.

Back