John Deere Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just joined the site cuz i happened to find this thread searching for my own ?s about this john deere bike i also hav the same one i just picked up on sat drive 6 hrs round trip for it n paid 300 for it. im also debating to restore to original or leave like u will see in the pics the 1st set of pics are the way i got it. the fenders were painted n i seen chrome so wondered y they painted over chrome well after i took paint off i seen y they painted it as u will to

then took paint off

then seen ur fender was bolted different and looked at mine and seen someone just changed where it sits i changed it back this last pic is how it sits now in my liveing room with 3 other old bikes lol

heres the all four

The bikes were made in Taiwan for Terra Products, I believe the same factory that built the Swing bikes, they do share some parts. I've had over a dozen of them over the years, I still have the one I got as a kid and I have an NOS one that still has all the packing material on it. Parts are real hard to find, especially the seat and chrome. I have a girls bike that I will sell if you want the match, or use for parts, you could die the seat black.

DSC03949_zps1b6d5550.jpg

DSC01738_zpsca00d8ee.jpg

JD20Boys_zps1594ca70.jpg

jd.jpg

d9_1.jpg

KenC - do you know what parts are similar?

I don't know exactly, we were just comparing them last week. I know the stem and some hardware is the same, and there are a lot of similarities with the way the frame is made, as well as the fenders and the chrome. The similarities in the frame and fork is way too close for a coincidence, not to mention they were both made in Taiwan, they had to have been made in the same factory.

Hey i have a simular bike! mine is in bad condition i need a few parts, please post on my page about it. i got it from my grandpa. wondering what kind of bike, year, best place for parts!!! thanks!!!

Back