Just a post for Palona

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you know from my posts that I recently had to put my dog to sleep a month ago. Its a tramatic experience ,if you have ever let anything get into your life. She had become my child and it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do . She was a Chinese Crested Hairless. Its a strange breed and having not much hair they are a lot of work. There is no other animal in the world that acts like them. Its kinda like crossing a monkey with a spider .

pelona2006.jpg

Well it broke our hearts and so we decided to get another one. We found a lady in Dallas that had a four month old female. She has become part of our life. She wont replace the one we had but she fills a hole in our hearts. She also is a Chinese Crested Hairless...They call this one a hairy because she has more that the true hairless one we had before. Anyway this may seem a strange post ,but I'm doing it mostly for me...Thanks for those that understood,hope everybody understands this

matilda2003.jpg

Re: Just a post for me

Sorry to hear that, Stretch.
I understand completely. I know you were just posting this for yourself, but I just thought I'd let you know you weren't alone in experience.

meezonweelz said:
I just thought I'd let you know you weren't alone in experience.
Thanks . I just didnt want to appear too flakey , and unless you have been there you might not understand. If you have then maybe you will understand the post ,instead of thinking why is this nut posting about a dog.

I certainly miss pets that are gone, I even get blue from knowing before they're gone sometimes, but giving the attention to critters who are here now, and who need it, is probably the best answer available.

Uncle Stretch said:
instead of thinking why is this nut posting about a dog.
Because your in a nut house, we're all nuts..............Haven't been able to bring myself to getting another. Retiring in a month, I think it's about time.......THANKS

This new one is a puppy and she has really filled up our time trying to train her. In the two weeks she has been with us she has taken a complete inventory of everything in my house.
Its funny about the fleas. They were bred to catch rats on boats and the being hairless part kept the fleas away. The fleas carried all kinds of sickness. They have the build of a greyhound and are very fast. My other one about took out my pug trying to keep up with her running.

We had to do the same a couple years ago with both a dog and a cat that we'd had for 15 + years. It's not easy. We agreed at the time to not replace either and so far have stuck with that. Possibly after we retire and have more time to devote to training a new dog.
Good luck with your new friend.

KOTA said:
Retiring in a month,
I'm 59 and have been retired for 3 years. Its the best decision I ever made in my life. I took a hammer and broke my watch the day I retired and made two rules. If I'm hungry I eat and If I'm tired I sleep. At first you will feel so guilty for not working ,and it will feel so good you think your doing something wrong. I still kid my wife sometimes that I'm calling in sick ,and am going to take off for a few days.

This last year has been hard on our family as far as pets are concerned. Last Fall my 15 year old black Retriever came down sick and we had to put him down. So when you said... hardest thing you ever had to do, I understand where your coming from.

Then on New Years day my son and girlfriend's' house caught on fire and they lost both of their pets, a mini Daschund puppy my son got his girlfriend for Christmas, and my son's one and a half year old Husky, it was very hard on the whole family.

I wasnt ready for another dog, but my wife found a beautiful female mini daschund puppy. It took a few weeks for us to bond, but she is an awesome dog, and it definetly helped me get over the loss of my retriever. Here she is...
roxi4.jpg

My Son and his girlfriend moved back in with us for a while till they got back on their feet, they found a new place to live and got most of their belongings replaced (no insurance) with the help of friends and family. After they got settled, they started thinking of pets again, and they now have a new mini Daschund piebald puppy, and a few weeks ago they found a beautiful Husky puppy.

So... yeah I understand. Good luck with the new puppy, I wish you many happy healthy years with her.

I feel your loss too Ratfink and Maybe your new little girl will help. Everyone is welcome to post pictures here to keep the memory alive , as long as the web site is up. That is my plan. It may bury deep inside RatRodBikes ,But it will always be here to bring back whenever you want with a simple "bump" and a smile.

i feel your pain, it was the oddest thing when we had to put our dog a few years ago. i felt so alone, and i couldnt say anything other than this sucks.. :cry: great dog..

Hey Uncle, I understand how you feel, my chihuahua of almost 14 years(human) passed away this year, she actually died in my dad's arms which was fitting because they spent the most time together these past years. Man it broke my heart, they just become part of the family in so many ways those funny little creatures.

This is Ruby, my little boxer girl. She looks a little agitated cause she hated those cats, but had been trained not to mess with em (anymore)..... and they knew it. They'd nuzzle against her and she'd growl under her breath, and stare at them through the corners of her eyes. Ranch cats can be jerks...but they miss her, and so do I. She's also the namesake of my first bike build.
DSC01610.jpg

Benz....Meezonweelz...its funny that people get so attached to pets. I think its when we stop thinking of them as pets and they become little people in animal suits ,it causes problems. Mine always tried so hard to talk. I know it made her mad that she couldnt.

Yup. Agreed. They've got their individual personalities that grow into your life, and when they're gone, you lose that piece of you and it breaks your heart. I know I'll never find another Ruby, but I love dogs, so whenever I stop makin excuses, I might just give it another try.

I always had to remind myself that they'd eat their own poop if you let them and that usually brought me back down to earth. :lol:

My dogs love to roll in deer poop, eat chicken poop, :roll: but they're not interested in their own. Last one was the same. Perhaps it's a breed characteristic. :?

Latest posts

Back