just for fun build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4140453925_1bd5eace52.jpg

along with the schwinnese build,i'm also building this bike for my friend, karl. he's going to use it in san francisco...no parking fees, no tickets, and traffic bull-fecal matter. the tank sucks, so it would be nice to make a tank for it or even just weld/ mold an aluminum panels to the frame... oh, mount a better seat and brakes too
the bike is low and comfortable even with the bars upside down...
currently in the breakin period. not done but fun! :D

Cool!!! Keep an eye on the front fenders on your motorized builds...Ive heard horror stories about hi-speed endos from them coming loose... :shock:

thanks Markm for the heads-up on the fenders! they're flimsy, i'll make some better brackets for both of the fenders.

thanks again,

kidricer

Heres a tank I found while nosing on another site. 25 bucks but not cap or shut off. Looks like it would go great with this build your doing plus its size would probably be about the right proportion to your frame.
Terry
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAGSTA-M ... 965wt_943/

if your really adventurous you can take two of those peanut tanks and build you a set of fatbob tanks if you can weld or know someone who can.
heres a pic of the ones I built
moondog4.jpg

laboy said:
I like you build.
What kind a handle bar did you use?
The bars came with the bike. It's slightly narrowed now, but I plan to make them into narrow drag bars. That's if my friend lets me...

Thanks!

Kidricer

Wowwww...very cool. The more I look at it, the more details I see!
Are those just StingRay fenders???

Hammond Eggz said:
Wowwww...very cool. The more I look at it, the more details I see!
Are those just StingRay fenders???
Thanks! More slight mods to come.
I'm not sure if they are stingray fenders... if they are are, probably re-pops.

made the bike a bit safer...mounted a headlight, front drum brakes, better coaster brake and 11g or 12g spokes (not sure of size but the spokes are a lot thicker than what came with the bike) and lowered the seat about 1/2" or less. A New carb will be installed tomorrow...and then it's out of my hands.
4212839738_ae7de6c889.jpg

4212075423_3c1bec3235_o.jpg

sorry for the bad night pictures...

I found the chrome fenders,,,,still can't find the pipe? any suggestions? thanks,

Back