just got me an indian

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted a nice vintage indian and now i finally got one. Well it's not exactly what i wanted but it's still kinda cool. It's a 1979 indian moped...lol. Got it from a neighbors shed. ( i was having a yard sale and he wanted me to try and sell for him) It's been in storage for the past 15 yrs. Seems all there except for the petcock (anyone know where to get one? I'm not sure what i'm gonna do with it. I'm gonna check for spark tomorrow and go from there. If it just needs a petcock with gas prices at what they are it may become my commuter bike. If anyone knows anything about these things give me a shout i've got some questions.

DSCN0829.jpg

DSCN0830.jpg

DSCN0835.jpg

do NOT sell youre beezer you will re3gret it. trust me i regret ever selling any of my bsa chops.

stuck with a 500 trump now. but id much rather ride a bsa.

awesome bike
im on the lookout for a '70 650 lightning

my friend loaned me his two junker mopeds while he went to boot camp one year back when i was in hs still
lets just say that week involved burnouts, cops, and other insanity
needless to say apparently mopeds arent made for jumping

vanilla_gorilla said:
awesome bike
im on the lookout for a '70 650 lightning

my friend loaned me his two junker mopeds while he went to boot camp one year back when i was in hs still
lets just say that week involved burnouts, cops, and other insanity
needless to say apparently mopeds arent made for jumping

yea i found out they wern't made for jumping yrs ago. My bsa is a 66 lightning and when it runs it's a rocket and burns out for blocks. Prob. the reason it dosn't run.....lol

low_life said:
I've always wanted a nice vintage indian and now i finally got one. Well it's not exactly what i wanted but it's still kinda cool. It's a 1979 indian moped...lol. Got it from a neighbors shed. ( i was having a yard sale and he wanted me to try and sell for him) It's been in storage for the past 15 yrs. Seems all there except for the petcock (anyone know where to get one? I'm not sure what i'm gonna do with it. I'm gonna check for spark tomorrow and go from there. If it just needs a petcock with gas prices at what they are it may become my commuter bike. If anyone knows anything about these things give me a shout i've got some questions.

DSCN0829.jpg
I might be the only one here but I love that moped especially the colors on it!

Latest posts

Back