Just some old Elgin...i didn't get.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was the same one I saw at the last Centralia Wa. swapmeet in back of a pickup? it was priced at $700. .. but couldn't find the seller ..left message but....

Not going to lie, It looks real... I have mostly every bluebird picture out there and I have never seen any of those three. that thing must have gone quick. although, the patina looks slightly familiar on that bird. ill do some digging.

Nick.

found her, its a tease (scam) or just gloating lol btw I figured it was a fake after I posted that realizing that without the fender ornament there is no location on the bike that says (ELGIN)

NICE Nick!! Your sleuthing is unparalleled ~ The ad was up then went away quick with no reply. I sent a msg before it was gone asking if the seller would let me know if it had sold or not. usually ppl who are legit will drop you a line letting you know something sold.

Actually, its Nick's picture Photoshopped into someone's kitchen!

Might be the same bike? But not the same picture. Front fender isn't attached and the crank arm is at a different angle. There is a person here in Portland who caught me with one of his spoof ads like this. Maybe it's the same guy.

Last edited:
the pattern of the rust on the 'tank' is the same. same bike for sure. No go ride your corvette! ha! What was the spoof ad that got you, D?

It was for "Grandpa's Old Bike $50". It was a Harley Davidson Bicycle. I don't know who was selling it, but he got me good.
I like the new Corvette, It's cleaning up GREAT! I think new handlebars will solve the problem, so it will be a keeper. Thanks again, always a pleasure dealing with you!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back