Karfer Engraver

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally goofed up the plate for the RRBOv2 Trophy, so I ran by a trophy place, and they made a sweet plate for it for $5.00. Trophy was sent out today, so after he get's it maybe he can take a pic of the bike withthe trophy or something.

AND somethng cool came up, they guy had all kinds of old school machines and stuff in his shop, ribbon makers, printers, engravers, etc. I asked if I could look at them just becasue they were neat old machines. He had an old hand engraver on the table, and he said he never used it anymore cuz all his stuff is compter driven now, so I immediately said "How Much!?" He said "what have you got to trade" (my kind of guy) - finally we settled on a computer - that's what he needed the most. I had several older computers in my closet, so I came home, got one running, installed XP, cleaned it up, put it all in a box and made the swap!

He actually gave me TWO enravers, several different letter forms (fonts) to use, and a big box of scrap to play with. Pretty cool! LMK if you need a custom head badge or ??? Pretty stoked! It can engrave on odd shapes, I can turn it to put type on curve, etc. BUT I need to practice of course.

Ayways, if it wasn't for RRBO, and me needing a part for the Trophy, I wuld not have found it. So thats why I call it my Karfer Engraver :)

Machine #1
scribe_01.jpg

Machone #2 can do up to Three stacked lines of copy.
scribe_02.jpg

Few Boxes of Letters
scribe_03.jpg

Quick Example
scribe_04.jpg

I'm thinking they would look cool in flat black with red accents and white knobs. :) Cool machines, man!

Hugo

i am honored that is very cool. tools like that area always fun to have around

that would look cool if you spraypainted the "badge" the same color as the bike and then wiped it off leaving color in the letters

kingplinker said:
I am no pro, but what did you have in mind? I put my daughters name on back of her iPOD and it looked killer.

nothing crazy maybe a couple of badges or something I remember thinking of having something engraved I thought I had a really great idea but it figures now I cant think of it! :roll:

Latest posts

Back