karfer vs. sensor: a.k.a the beer build off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's plenty of body shops in Connecticut.........You'd fit right in up here! :lol: .......I'm sure ej599 is all excited.

what us cheat never? i can't lie when greg was over he showed me how to locate the angle of the headtube although i promptly tossed that angle out the window and chose another (what you see) because it looked cool. dang it sensor what bender are you using to do tight radius bends i need that!!!! we even had a bead fest tossing down welds on scrap steel and wow i suck. but due to greg i ran out of wire so sensor let it be known i just got a fresh 10 pound spool

i think ill head this direction maybe :mrgreen:
joebody.jpg

almost forgot!!!
ill have to do a tank of course :mrgreen:
Ugly.jpg

sensor said:
i found the ultimate tool today!!! IT BENDS! IT CUTS! IT WELDS!
supertool001.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
thats all for now....

I'll bet 'The Man of Steel' can lay down a pretty nice bead with his Super Vision! Can probably lace a wheel faster than a speeding bullet too! Excellent choice.

To quote Mr Karfer, the king of the build offs himself "now this is gonna get real good"

lol thanks buddy i did some more bending on the down tube last night and now i am going to spend another night doing just that once again. i want it to be a tight curve i almost got it now if i just knew what sensor was using for a bender i would be better off. ohhhh and tell you what sensor if you look real carefully in one of the upper photos you will see a mag. i think i showed you the bike in there that i was going to base loosly for my first frame at some point.

well those were just for stays so its only 3/4" but im going hi tech......mail box post/lamp post bender in my front yard(yes my neighbors love me :lol: )

wow did you heat it or just go for it? i got my down tube almost where i want it and looking nice and curvy. i got lots of trees out back that i could use to do bends like that thanks

ive been lifting weights since i was getting to fat :lol: (leverage also helps)
good thing ive got pretty much everything tacked and ready to weld(ill be playing with cars for pay again finally....but it means almost 12hr days with driving :| )

Sensor, GLAD to see your back working!..................Now, there must be something wrong with my computer. CAUSE I DON'T SEE ANY "REAL" PICS OF BIKES BEING BUILT!......... That's not like EITHER one of you guys. You're both usually picture crazy! :roll: Why just the other day I was having a cup of coffee (Star Bucks) with 1200 members from this site. Everyone was saying: "What's up with the Sensor-Karfer (Karfer-Sensor) build? Not to many pics." Then someone said: They're afraid to "tip their hand" to one another. I stuck up for BOTH you guys. I said: I think you're right!

the dead mans hand....thats what you get.
aces and eights....to seal your fate :wink:
(sorry been listening to THESE guys alot when im building)
yeah since its my brain child im not giving it away until im ready........itll be worth it though(i think) :wink:
one thing has changed since my original idea but itll go on another one(i think im gonna end up like unclestretch and just start building everything myself :mrgreen: )

ohhhhhh......wait.
maybe i should change the title to sitz-krieg(anyone know what im talking about?)

Warfare, with no progress, no aggression.

Close ups of tack welds and action figure pics are great space fillers. Some guys even post snapshots of their 'figurines'. :p :lol:

hey i have posted some stuff and honestly since i posted those last ones i have been lazy. sensor at least throw me a bone but if you want to play like that its all good i understand. but i am going to start going old school and post lots of pics i just need to get my down tube fitted which i hope to get where i want it tomorrow. one reason my fab is taking so long is i am using my crummy harbor freight bender which awhile back i got pissed at and left it outside. i put oil in it and it works better but it sorta works when it feels like it and takes forever to bend a tube. sensor u need to loose weight? come on your only a little bigger than me lol. oh and i agree this is too boring guess i will have to change that :p

sesnor you ARE making that unicycle burrito with training wheels u talked about huh? just kidding i have a theory now and i ain't talking either i got stuff to cut and weld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back