KIA commercial

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen the KIA car commercial with the kid riding a bike thru the new factory?
What kind of bike is that?? I did a little searching but only came up with some info.
about KIA being a bicycle manufacturer before being an auto manufacturer.
Its a cool looking bike with flipped bars and what looks like29" wheels or maybe the
frame is a small size and gives the appearance of having tall wheels??
--Dan

It came on during "Steven Seagal - Lawman" last night....ha ha!

I'm a closet reality cop show junkie. :mrgreen:

NO KIA BIKE,BUT I HAVE A 06 SPORTAGE THAT HAULS 3 BIKES.A STINGRAY INSIDE,AND TWO 26'' SCHWINNS ON A CUSTOM RECIVER RACK I BUILT . :mrgreen: AND ONE KID MY DAUGHTER WHO RIDES THE STINGRAY :mrgreen:

bebanovich said:
Saw this yesterday: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/bik/1541049259.html $650 and I still don't even know what one looks like? :?:

It was only a matter of time before someone posted their new-found "treasure" on CL. Before that commercial came out, you probably couldn't give a KIA bike away. I've personally passed on a number of KIA bikes that were dirt cheap in my area a few months ago...I could have flipped them a retired using CL logic. :roll:

Cool commercial though!

I would like to try and reproduce this bike.
I like how the frame seems to be lower than the top of
wheels. And, they're using flipped English racer bars!! cool.

It seems it's just a small sized frame giving the illusion it
sits "inside" the wheels??
--Dan

Thats a cool bike, I've only seen the 70's kia bikes which are kind of so-so. The one in the commercial reminds me of the double top bar English/Indian/Chinese roadsters. I wonder if it has 28" wheels.

The advert is mint! But have to admit i'm not a big fan of the cars.... I didnt know they started by making bicycles though!

I had a Kia bike my parents bought me new in like 1980. It was a boring 3-spd "nerd" bike. Just like a Speedster or Racer or Columbia lightweight. Cheap junk, even in my 11 yr old opinion. I remember it having a problem with the fork being loose, or binding- no in between. When we took it apart and analyzed it, turned out the steer tube was bent. scuffing inside the frame headtube. Nice quality.

Now, their cars seem to be at least better than Hyundai, but that isn't saying a lot. They borrow most of their technology from Mazda, so that probably helps. I'll have to track down this ad, sounds cool.

I've cut up a couple Kia bikes in the last year... old ones aren't worth the metal they're made out of.

(Look close:)

bikeshare8.jpg

--Rob

I've cut up a couple Kia bikes in the last year... old ones aren't worth the metal they're made out of.
Yep, maybe the 50s bikes were better, but then they became just as cheap as any other low quality 3 speed touring bike.

I think 99% of adverts are irritating, but I like that.

But I hate the 'KIA' without the crossbar on the 'A' logo because that makes it a Greek 'L' so it always looks like 'KIL' to me!

Boris, are you aware of 'Currys' history? :)

A friend of mine picked up a Kia muscle bike a few summers ago. Very generic cantilever type frame, single speed, etc. I think he stripped it or cut it up. I should see if he still has it or any pictures of it.

Never knew it was the same company!

Back