TRADITIONAL Kickin it

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sprayed the crate and done some brown spraypainting and smearing it to give some mild patina
20240704_132436.jpg
20240704_133355.jpg
20240704_140821.jpg
20240704_140826.jpg
20240704_141221.jpg
20240704_141414.jpg
20240704_141459.jpg
20240704_141914.jpg
20240704_141924.jpg
20240704_141909.jpg

View attachment 269166got the huffy out of the container this afternoon, tripped over it and gave it a good kick so just gona call it "kickin it" View attachment 269167removed the deraileur and squeezed the rear in using a stem bolt as I'm going from geared rear wheel to single speed View attachment 269168here's the set of wheels I'm using, nice and rustyView attachment 269169View attachment 269170View attachment 269171View attachment 269172View attachment 269173View attachment 269174will most likely chuck on some old whitewall tyres,
Chucked on the crank and wheels for a mock upView attachment 269175crank arm sits just above the ground so will play around with the front fork rocker arms just so its a bit higher View attachment 269176
I swear some of you guys have got me looking at ladies bikes in a different light…🙂

I swear some of you guys have got me looking at ladies bikes in a different light…🙂
Haha I was the same many years ago, I think the bent forks add to the flow of ladies/step through frames, they definitely need to be stretched and the seat tube cut lower somehow to look better imo, this one will eventually be stretched and something done with the seat tube and I may weld a bb up and forward of the current one but that's waaaay down the line, for now this is fun and games

I like the patina addition to the look. One technique I have used for application is using a steel wool piece or green scrubbie to 'dab' the patina paint after it's been sprayed. It gives it more of a random look.

If you want to bring out even more colors in the RaT-ina spectrum, a Dark brown or Satin Espresso, and one of my favs - Satin Cinnamon. The cinnamon should be used sparingly, and just in the deepest rust spots like the junctions of the frame tubes or where bolts are attached.

My Paint program is really primitive, but here is an idea of what I'm getting at:

Before

endlesschain before.jpg

After

endlesschain patina.jpg

Nice paint and fauxtina work

I like the patina addition to the look. One technique I have used for application is using a steel wool piece or green scrubbie to 'dab' the patina paint after it's been sprayed. It gives it more of a random look.

If you want to bring out even more colors in the RaT-ina spectrum, a Dark brown or Satin Espresso, and one of my favs - Satin Cinnamon. The cinnamon should be used sparingly, and just in the deepest rust spots like the junctions of the frame tubes or where bolts are attached.

My Paint program is really primitive, but here is an idea of what I'm getting at:

Before

View attachment 271902

After

View attachment 271901
Nice paint and fauxtina work
thanx guys I must admit it was an after thought to patina the frame and was hurried, an amateur mistake and out of all my 30 or so montana graffiti cans this was the only colour close to making the ratted look so may have to go find a colour closer to rustication, the frame just needed some rust love, stay tuned

Cool details. I really like the champagne cork holder for the bar ends. The plexiglass makes for a cool cutaway view of the workings of the bike. That SOS emergency tin makes for some cool looking storage.

Back