Kindergarten Cruiser...update 6-30

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring.
This is what I am starting with. It is a 1950's AMF Junior. This is a rather large trike. It has 20" front tire. I have lots of ideas in my head. I guess we'll see what I end up with.

AMFJuniorproject.jpg

Re: Kindergarten Cruiser

Oh man, that's a super cool starting point. Looking forward to watching this one evolve.

I finally got it apart. Thanks to a can of PB Blaster. It was rusted in the configuration in the photo at the beginning of this thread.

001.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

awsum build im gona build a trike 4 da kids its to cool im xcited to c it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I needed to get an update for the Cruiser. Apparently this trike had a rough life. I had to reweld the headtube. It was welded once already, but looked kinda crappy.
008.jpg

Here are a couple of ideas I have to add on. Have a few more goodies coming in the next week or so.
007.jpg

Re: Kindergarten Cruiser...Update pics 6-7

This is the first mock up. I can see that I need to build some struts to hold the basket. Also a way to hold the sippy bottle on the back.
019.jpg

018.jpg

021.jpg

020.jpg

Oh yeah... the skirt guard and fender needed a minor repair also. Hopefully get that done in the next couple days.

that thing needs a springer front end.

love the bike/color etc, but not so keen on the skippy bottle and horn. :)

icyuod2 said:
that thing needs a springer front end.

love the bike/color etc, but not so keen on the skippy bottle and horn. :)

A springer would be cool, but I don't think I can get one to fit. It is a 20" front tire.
I was hoping the struts would give it the "look".
I plan to paint it once I get everything fitted and mounted.

I think a standard bottlecage would hold that sippy cup. Heck, go all out and get a carbon-fibre cage at Wally-World for $20. :wink:

Back