Klunker? Klunker!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I got this chrome frame for just a few bucks I decided to start my project "klunker".

I wanted this to be like a low budget side project. But things went out of hands.

Slaped some parts from my shelf on:
k1_1.jpg

k1_2.jpg

k1_3.jpg

k1_4.jpg

didn't like the look and ordered the following:
- blue anodized pedals
- blue anodized sproket
- blue anodized stem
- blue anodized brake levers
- blue anodized spoke nipples
- blue anodized seat clamp
- blue anodized valve caps

Now I'm looking for some cheap chrome rims and some oldschool skinwall tires.

Brakes are Sachs drum brake up front and Shimano drum brake in the back (first drumbrake I had to leave skidmarks on the road).

Can't wait for the parts to arrive.

Con-Tiki! said:
i envy your shelf.
just some random parts I collected during the years :wink:

Con-Tiki! said:
it'll be cool when you get the new blue goodness installed.

I hope so! Hopefully the parts from the different manufacturers have the same shade of blue.

TheFlyingDingo said:
You dont like the way that looks?! Thats fantastic!

Looks cluttered to me.

Tibor said:
...very american theme... you also have the right colours in it...
i Love it... inspired me to build my own... :)

hehe - thats what I thought! And that's exactly why I'm gonna chance it! I'm NOT patriotic at all - and if I was I'd have to make it black, red and gold - but ..... NO WAY! :lol:

Blue parts are expected to arrive today. Can't wait!

snydur said:
thats a klunker?! well i guess ive been doing it wrong :mrgreen: cant wait

what's the definition of a "Klunker"? *dunno* .... I guess this one will be like a Cruiser made for offroad cycling with a bit of oldschool BMX style in it. ... Anyway - that bike is what I was trying to build for years. Still need the chrome rims but I'm getting there.

This should look nicely built up. Instead of heavy chrome rims, why not try polishing some aluminum rims?

Crank!Basti said:
snydur said:
thats a klunker?! well i guess ive been doing it wrong :mrgreen: cant wait

what's the definition of a "Klunker"? *dunno* .... I guess this one will be like a Cruiser made for offroad cycling with a bit of oldschool BMX style in it. ... Anyway - that bike is what I was trying to build for years. Still need the chrome rims but I'm getting there.
every time i have a klunker, its all beat up, and kind of an eyesore. you can see where im getting confused by yours

Nice bike just started a similar project whilst waiting for inspiration on my RRB6 bike Cooler Corona, Do you intend to fit blue cables to keep the blue and silver theme ?

8) I'd pigeon-hole that as one sweet custom single-speed ATB. To ride a "Klunker" (copyrighted trademark in the U.S., btw) style track, you'd best flip the bar, or you'll be hearing "der teufel's kinn-musik." :lol:

you're right :lol:

changed the bars for better (more comfortable) riding position, changed the cranks for some Shimano-Octalink and blue anodized XLC pedals. Probably gonna change the Cranks again because that fat Octalink stuff doesnt look good on there. Now I need a blue anodized 110mm or 130mm 5-hole sproket.
The stainless steel rims gonna arrive this week and will be laced with stainless spokes and blue anodized nipples.
The brake cables are going to be silver.

bp1.jpg

bp2.jpg

bp3.jpg

next step is done. Laced the stainless rims to some brand new drum brake hubs with blue nipples.
Since the sprocket I ordered from PorkChop doesnt match the blue of the other parts, I switched back to the OPC and its old sprocket.
At least the PorkChop seatpost has a very nice matching turquoise color.

kar1.jpg

kar2.jpg

kar3.jpg

kar4.jpg

kar5.jpg

kar6.jpg

Back