la cucaracha

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Needs 1 thing... Generator Hubs!
HU2200.jpg

im trying to keep her all period correct(except for the tubes and tires)......but those look pretty cool............hmmmmmmmm maybe ol gramps needs some :wink:
and heres some more of the almost finished tank(ran outta gas :x :x )
tankandcollege019.jpg

tankandcollege018.jpg

tankandcollege020.jpg

just afew more fittings and she'll be ready fore some primer :shock:

Cool tank. Suggestion; weld a couple threaded pipe fittingsone high, one low, screw in come elbows and run clear plastic tube between the 2 like a sight tube fuel gauge-maybe even seal it some how and put gas colored liquid in side.

Sensor, I love your bike! It is very close to the look I am going for with my buildoff bike. I am also trying to keep all parts vintage on mine. I can't wait to see more pics.

borrowed a tank from the father in laws tonight so the tank will be welded and ground(not sanded and primed till after mon. my d.a. and gun are sitting in my box at work )have my chain now(thanks again karfer!) soon itll be time for a spin(IF IT EVER STOPS RAINING :x ) still looking for some torrington 10s(even just the frames......had my father in law make me some wood block that im going to use :mrgreen: ) who knows maybe thisll even make it to the show :shock: !

well just took this beast out for her maiden voyage.........what can i say......
she rides like a champ! leaves a nice skid mark,shifts great, and shes fast too boot :mrgreen:
got the tank mounted (not primed yet though too windy and cold :( ) dont have any batteries charged but there will be pics soon!(maybe even a riding pic for kingpin :wink: ) ahhhhhhhhhhh the sound of a skiplink at night! now i know what karfer was talking about :mrgreen:

sensor said:
borrowed a tank from the father in laws tonight so the tank will be welded and ground(not sanded and primed till after mon. my d.a. and gun are sitting in my box at work )have my chain now(thanks again karfer!) soon itll be time for a spin(IF IT EVER STOPS RAINING :x ) still looking for some torrington 10s(even just the frames......had my father in law make me some wood block that im going to use :mrgreen: ) who knows maybe thisll even make it to the show :shock: !

There are some on the bay, $90 bucks, but...this bike deserves them

thanks for looking out for me skoda! couldnt find any one with originals that wanted to part with them :shock:
i finally gave in and called memorylane on my lunch today. so ill have some repops on her(the plus side is my father in law is an amazing woodworker and made me a great set of redwood blocks thatll be going on her!)

kool good job boy your car is going to be stuffed with bikes lol. i love this bike cant wait to see it in person

well the tank has got 2 coats of dplf now and with out further au du........the hanging tank :roll:
hangingtank002.jpg

hangingtank001.jpg

dunno if im gonna keep this one yet(probably end up making another on cuz this sits alittle to low in a spot and picks up every vibration and amplifies it!) if this one does stay ill glaze the edges and smooth everything out but for now.........itll work
shes got her new torringtons also :shock: (thanks memory lane!)
next thing will be the complete and final(yeah right...are they ever done?!?!?)pics

if i know shad he will be there. cool dude and has so far been on all the rides even the first one where it was just the two of us freezing out u know whats off in the cold. but that was the ratty truck's victory ride so we had to do it.

final pics will be after the ride(still dont know if i have a sitter but im trying!)but.........i might just drag it down this weekend if its not raining. and yeah if i make it to the ride this is what ill be on

That's a sweet ride sensor!!! I've never seen a ND two speed. Did you make your own shifter cable? Great build!!! Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back