* La Rotosa Finished *

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Folks, this bike took ages to be finished, but she´s finally done.
First Rat I build, this baby has a flipped rear, KOTA style forks and custom dropouts. First time I successfully chop and weld back together a frame, and you know what? It holds! So all of you out there doubting about getting a welder and learning, don't waste you time and do it!!
Build thread: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... =La+Rotosa

Thanks for watching!!!

Man that came out great! What a cool bike! I was wondering what was going on with this build :wink:

The over all look is just phenominal, you really did a fantastic job bringing it all together! The old worn and loved look is fantastic, the paint job you did blows me away!

And the headlight, awesome! What did you make the visor out of? It looks like some sort of yougurt container maybe? In any case I think it's genius, I really dig headlights with visors, I've never thought about making one for an existing light like that, its really neat. The material 'in front' of the light hanging down makes me thing of the militart 'black out' lights.

Excellent build man! Now you just gotta make one for your new wife :mrgreen:

That is one "ratty" looking kustom!....Nice job! 8)

Thanks for the nice comments guys, really appreciated! :D

The headlight is one of the blackout lights I kept from my jeep, there is no yougurt container, although that would have been cool, It´s the real thing. Now I´ll have to make it work!

Gdcast said:
Thanks for the nice comments guys, really appreciated! :D

The headlight is one of the blackout lights I kept from my jeep, there is no yougurt container, although that would have been cool, It´s the real thing. Now I´ll have to make it work!

Hahahahahaha so THAT'S why it looks so authentic! Pardon my bone-headedness :roll:

Strings, we are so use to fabricate it all that when we use an actual part sounds strange. :lol:

Graylock, my bride had to try the dress on Saturday, so that gave me the time to finish the bike. I sure needed a time off in the garage you know, bikes really calm me down. She has the third try today, so I´ll be riding that bike to the ground today after work :D :D :D

That is just too cool ! I really like the reverse bend on the seat stays that follows the curve of the down tube. And the paint!

Thank you guys for the nice words, I guess I nailed it with the paint especially on the wooden tank, a friend of mine couldn't believe it wasn't rusted. :lol:

Wow KOTA, that thread is incredible! I´m so honoured! :oops:
Every time I get off vacations I disconnect my self from the world, so that explains it.

Gdcast said:
Wow KOTA, that thread is incredible! I´m so honoured! :oops:
Every time I get off vacations I disconnect my self from the world, so that explains it.
It was that "other" OLD guy, Graylock, who started the thread.....We just chimed in, to humor him (sorta like visiting him in a nursing home). :roll:

Back