>>>LACKLUSTER<<< Done.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
>>>LACKLUSTER

Working on fitting rear fender today.

It's just sheet metal right?
e3c244b9.jpg

The first mock up of the rear. All looks good so far.
d0e0501a.jpg

I think I'm going with a "fender brace-less" look. Gonna see if i can make the third mounting point on the under side of the rack. :)
aa7a58ae.jpg

Re: >>>LACKLUSTER

Critter1 said:
Working on fitting rear fender today.

It's just sheet metal right?
e3c244b9.jpg

makes my teeth hurt seeing you chew through something like that :shock: coming together great !!!

>>>LACKLUSTER

Finished the rear fender mounting. In order to get the fender to fit perfectly with the tire, I had to cut into the center bar of the rack and contour it to the shape of the fender. After I welded a piece of sheet metal in & shaped the contour again, I used a 5mm nut-sert for fender mounting. I also used nut-serts at the other two mounting points. It came out good, kinda custom, and best of all... NO FENDER BRACE!!

56557efa.jpg

19dd57fe.jpg

aceef83d.jpg

e9d3b00b.jpg

9885ae8f.jpg

6b1b8e02.jpg

987a6145.jpg

Re: >>>LACKLUSTER<<<

I'm really diggin the way this build is taking shape! Awesome fabricating skills as well! 8)

brazing for the win! i need to get back into it. looks great.

I have to take a 10 day hiatus from my build. Tomorrow I'm heading back to Arkansas to spend some quality time with my folks. Its gonna be hard to watch all this progress when I'm not able to make any of my own! I will, however, be on the lookout for some rusty gold while I'm out there. When I get back, I'll get started on the springer, try out some ideas I have for a front fender for my build, get the headlight mounted, figure out handle bars (I have a few options), etc, etc..

>>>LACKLUSTER<<<

Been in Arkansas almost a week now visiting my folks. Been itching to work on something!! Oh well.. I've scoured several antique shops around here (there seems to be one every few miles!) and all I've came up with, as far as vintage bikes go, is this cool little jewel reflector. The aluminum decorative surrounding it is unique.. Not bad for a dollar..
442faed8.jpg

10040b56.jpg

Cool doodad.
Parts hunting on vacation can be fun.

Peatbog said:
I believe you have moved beyond the acceptable limit of cool bike stuff that is allowed to be in your procession at any one time. Sooooo, you have to get rid of some of that stuff. I could PM you my address.
HAHA! Ya piles of cool stuff can be fun.. Its how it all comes together at the end that matters. Its nice to have a few "doodads" to choose from.

Latest posts

Back