>>>LACKLUSTER<<< Done.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: >>>LACKLUSTER<<< A little less lack.....

Critter1 said:
IMG_4624.jpg

this is my favorite build pic so far man

this bike looks like it could fly, it just needs a seat and some handlebars and it needs to fly ...

Critter1 said:
I'll give it wings soon... :)

Now your talking!!
We need more winged bikes!!

Paint is awesome. Love the colors.

I also really like that frame. I have been on the look for one of those for a while!

>>>LACKLUSTER<<< A little less lack.....

MplsCoaster said:
Your painted frame sure is purdy! Nice job!
Thanks. Today I'm working on making it purdy-er..

Terry66 said:
Paint is awesome. Love the colors.

I also really like that frame. I have been on the look for one of those for a while!
Thanks Terry.. I had wanted one of these frames ever since I started workin on old bikes.

>>>LACKLUSTER

Well since the fork needs painted again, I was only able to get the back half assembled. Here is where I ended up...

36c421cd.jpg

All of the pictures in my thread have been taken with my iPhone so they're not the best quality. I'll get some good pics with a real camera soon.

Comng together nicely!!!!!

Peatbog said:
Double cool paint:

1st cool: well, it's just cool
2nd cool: the pointy things fit the frame great because they enhance the shape of the frame (that made more sense in my head, so just go with it)
"Double Cool" is a good bike name. >>> 8) 8)

Re: >>>LACKLUSTER<<< Half way there..

Yesterday was a long one.. Its funny, you'd think "assembling" a bike would be a leisurely hour long, after breakfast activity... WRONG! I started by wet sanding & buffing the paint. Two fenders, chain guard & frame all polished up nicely without issue. The fork on the other hand didn't want to cooperate. Soon as I started wet sanding, I cut through in a couple spots :x! I was less than happy.. Ya I could have ignored it and moved on and lived with it... actually no I couldn't have. I'm doing my best to be as anal as possible with this silly bike build, so the fork was set aside while I assembled what I could and repainted it last night before I left the shop. I'll finish up on Saturday in time for the pre Cyclefest ride & show on Sunday.

I pulled out the nice camera and took some artsy-fartsy pictures for you all to enjoy.

I did away with the chain oiler and welded up the holes. I also added that upper mounting point. Just having the lower mount caused the top of the guard to be flimsy & floppy. Its solid now.
IMG_4366.jpg

I was worried about adding some black detail, but I think its OK. The grips & stem are black so I hope It'll all tie in together.
IMG_4377.jpg

I figured this was the best place to mount this cool reflector. No tail light for me..
IMG_4382.jpg

IMG_4387.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4361.jpg

I opted to use emblem adhesive rather than screws or rivets for the badge.
IMG_4362.jpg

LACKLUSTER :)
IMG_4392.jpg

Re: >>>LACKLUSTER<<< Artsy fartsy pics..

What a beautiful bike!

I got a kick out of the Kilroy Was Here photo!

Bravo!!!!!!

Back