Late 40s Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up with the recent 1925 Mead Ranger acquisition. Skirt guards do not belong but that's how it came to me and it gives it an added neat look. Will keep there for now.

aefc9e10-f0c5-34e6.jpg

aefc9e10-f0e9-0b16.jpg

aefc9e10-f103-70cc.jpg

aefc9e10-f123-fb6d.jpg

aefc9e10-f14c-1ea0.jpg

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ucxumj

Looks close to the age of mine, I think this one was a 1942, the fork is like a schwinn type fork on it though. if by any chance you want a nice bright rack thats identacle or the same as that one let me know, i'll trade, your rack would be perfect to match mine, perfectly aged rust lol I mine has the wrong seat in this pic, it has the correct one now, they ride really nice too.
101_0039.jpg

I think the skirt guards look really cool on it. I would keep them on. I have been trying to find a pair so that I could do the same thing on a future project. Looks great!!!!

Hsean said:
Looks close to the age of mine, I think this one was a 1942, the fork is like a schwinn type fork on it though. if by any chance you want a nice bright rack thats identacle or the same as that one let me know, i'll trade, your rack would be perfect to match mine, perfectly aged rust lol I mine has the wrong seat in this pic, it has the correct one now, they ride really nice too.
101_0039.jpg

Hey I love the tank on this one. The indention and details are awesome

Theres lots of neat little detail things on it, the stems aluminum and looks neat. i'm suprised i was able to free it up, both seatpole and the stem where stuck, a light soak and they popped out, I was suprised when i found it though, dispite the appearence it wasn't rode much, i found cardboard packing stuck in a few places when i repacked all the bearings. no dents anywhere!

Thanks to your bike I know i can put skirtguards on it, I think they look neat with them lol

Keep yours, they are great bikes, rust the guards so they match it. Mine has a bright red rack on it, it's out of place, i'm also putting monark trainlight on it and the rear reflector since I have no use for them on the other bike anymore

Nice bike for sure. I have a full rear skirt fender set from a JC Higgins bike, I'd like to put a boys straight bar together like yours.

Latest posts

Back