Latest Finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I generally don't have much interest in BMX/Banana seat bikes but my grandson has been hinting he'd like to learn to work on bikes and has specifically mentioned banana seat bikes. So I started watching local CL. Found these the other day. I know they aren't banana seat bikes but he was trilled with them. I had to research pics on line to identify what I had. One was obviously a Huffy (Thunder Road, I believe) but I had no clue on the other. Headbadge is missing. There is a decal which is half missing--it says RAM????. After much searching I believe it is a Raleigh Rampar. Please correct me if I am wrong on either of these. Also I think they are both 1979s. Seller wanted $20 each but I paid total of $34. Here they are:
018.JPG

Found serial numbers. Rampar is very hard to read. Looks like it was punched in one digit at a time with great force, actually denting the post. As a result, a lot of rust over the numbers. It looks to me like F72488. There MAY be a 1 in front of F but I'm thinking not. So what year would that be??
The Huffy is much clearer on the left dropout--C2054. Can year be determined from that? Thanks for all the help!!

Both bikes are late 70s....1977-1978.

Rampar R-10s usually fetch about $100-$150 in nice clean complete condition. Not exactly rare or overly collectible.

Same with the Huffy....you can find mint versions of each bike for sale in the $150 range.

Latest posts

Back