LATEST PROJECT </:^] }

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
My latest project :shock:

IMG_0004C2-1.jpg
:?

IMG_0004c.jpg
:|

IMG_0354c.jpg
:shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

IMG_0356c.jpg
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow! I love that blue color-I was thinking about the same color for my project. Is there a specific name for that blue?

Gendry

the PAINT

Heres the paint I used, First Paint stipper on the frame, then Sandblast[ I have a do-it youre self sand blaster -SEARS Craftsman model. I blast inside a camping tent to re-use the playground grade sand. To the Left, Self Etching Primer paint for the bare metal. Next is -Engine enamel brite aluminum silver the blu paint says to use this silver flake base ..but the aluminum brings out the color top coat better its really brite, then the candy blue It says anodized but it looks candy to me...THE only problem w/ the Dupli-Color is the nozzle is a fan spay pattern.. I personlly do'nt care for it but to each thier own.I let dry for about 5-7days out side then Clear coat oops forgot pic of that can Restolium brand High Clear Gloss...another 7 days dry time ....then ready for assembly while the paint is drying I'm polishing parts..Gotta keep busy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

IMG_0362ccc.jpg
:shock: :shock:

Korporal said:
That's an awsome looking pain job. Thank you for sharing how to do it too.

Thanks ill be using that SOON! Gotta paint my huffy.

Sorry to resurect an old thread, but I have been thinking of that "anodizing" paint since it was posted. I've got a question: did the blue get darker and less transparent the more you laid down? I wonder because I'd like to use the purple but I'd like to be a dark purple, not that normal purple. Who wants to be normal anyway? Laying down, some of the "smoke" color first might do it, but it could also look like somebody tried to make the purple darker.

Korporal said:
Sorry to resurect an old thread, but I have been thinking of that "anodizing" paint since it was posted. I've got a question: did the blue get darker and less transparent the more you laid down? I wonder because I'd like to use the purple but I'd like to be a dark purple, not that normal purple. Who wants to be normal anyway? Laying down, some of the "smoke" color first might do it, but it could also look like somebody tried to make the purple darker.

YES more coats, darker it gets

Back