Lead Sled (Vlog 2 Posted)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the idea I am running with for this build...it is just a very rough sketch...more of a doodle. Not to scale or anything, but at least it will give an idea of what I am working towards.
Very nice! That has style!

Luke.

Looking good,yet another one I'm looking forward to seeing.... How will I ever keep up with all these builds?

I am still trying to see the cycovator frame in that drawing. Gonna be fun watching how the too mesh.

I am still trying to see the cycovator frame in that drawing. Gonna be fun watching how the too mesh.
It's not really in the drawing. I had the concept before I even thought of using the cycovator...that was a "shower epiphany" as I like to call them. I start with a rough idea and then let it kind of progress organically. It's kind of a break from the engineering approach, and gets me back in touch with my inner artist.

Last edited:
Cool plan. Two questions.
1. What tires are on the cyclevator in the photo? Looks beefy.
2. Do we get a photo studio tour? My wife is a photographer as well.
The tires are 20"x3" Kenda flames...thinking about getting rid of them because I can't forsee needing them.

I don't know about a studio tour... My wife plans to post one on her blog, then I'll share the link if you're interested. It was more to display my handiwork. I'm pretty pleased with it, but I didn't have any empty room pics of it.

Thanks for doing videos too @IronDio! Very cool video, always good to get a sense of what other builders are like and how they work!

As you said, this year is going to be sweet! :dance2:

Luke.

Here is my first Vlog for the build off.

Hopefully I will get used to talking on camera and post more of these as I go.

Nice job on the video. I understand what you mean about talking on the video, it was odd for me too. The video in my build is the first one I have ever done where I am talking and explaining what I am doing. I think I re-recorded it 3 times

Thanks for doing videos too @IronDio! Very cool video, always good to get a sense of what other builders are like and how they work!

As you said, this year is going to be sweet! :dance2:

Luke.

Thanks! I thought it was really a cool idea when I saw you were doing it, so I thought I'd give it a try too. There's a lot more info that you can get across in a video than most people care to read about in a post.

Finals are OVER...time to get to work!
Sweet axle nuts...think I'll save these:

This about sums up how this bike looked when I began this process:

The victim was in rough shape...saw a name on the chain guard, it's a Monarch:

Couldn't locate any next of kin...let the surgery begin:

Amputation was a success!

Cutting the cantilevers is my least favorite part...not easy to get a clean cut:

Well, that sucked...at least it's over:

Since the grinder was loaded with a fresh cut-off wheel, I decided to do some surgery on the Cycovator frame:

No going back now!
I'll try to figure out how to illustrate what I am going to do to these frames next...
perhaps in a video log tomorrow...

Looking good....I will be watching with high interest as the ride takes on the design...great ideas so far!

Here is my first Vlog for the build off.

Hopefully I will get used to talking on camera and post more of these as I go.

Great to "put flesh on" one of our fellow ratters! I like the idea of a video introduction.....sounds like a project for me this weekend.... :cool:

Back