Leaf spring springer "forq"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw yours and tried my own version , didnt have a springer fork so went without it , made mine a little longer than yours ,and the end is bent the other way,(from 30's car front end) its got a lot of spring to it, i welded mine to the underside of the forks, but you cant tell unless i showed it to you, and made the tabs that pivot out of stainless..and the braces i stole from a 20" fork, i like the chrome front end and how it put the front tire ahead about 3"......thanks for the inspiration
hope you dont mind guys like me :mrgreen: copying your good ideas

[/img
100_2364.jpg

[/img
100_2363-1.jpg

thanks,,does this help ???? the green piece is just a washer, my front tires a little smaller than the back so i put the holes for the tire down and out further, it lengthened the forks and leveled out the bike just right .

thanks for the warning, sensor!

i was really just groping for ideas when i made that picture and never got any further than that, but i would have thought that part would have been strong enough to make something with... you think maybe the individual pieces are weak when removed from the whole of the triangle?

yeah....when karfer did his he just used the drop outs and half of the triangle.....but it folded so he had to reinforce it with solid stock(and i dont think hes over a buck 50)

Great detailed how to.
It looks great on your bike!
Thanks!

what i ended up doing , was just making my own leaf spring , i used the lightest trailer leaf spring first , way to stiff , so i took some 1/4 plate and made my own two pieces thick , u can use more or less , just stack and step them like a leaf spring would be , then u can shorten the length of the steps allowing more spring . maybe try this my is a little different but theory the same . 7 day wonder builkd off bike .

Back