Let's get on it- aka High-larious

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a tall bike when I was a kid, LOL news paper add. They are so much easier balancing, this picture was take with a flat tire and just barley moving...........Curt
View attachment 248764
Super cool! I think that's the 1st one I've seen with a flipped camel back frame. Looks really fun! I think I may have seen this pic before, maybe on FB?

Might is the operative term. I'm still scrounging for tubing to extend the forks. I think it needs 18-20" extension on the forks to get the head tube angle into the non-suicidal range. 🤪

For sure, they don't call me OTB for nothing! Seat height is around 49", I think, 6' at the handlebars. By tall bike standards it's not that tall really.
View attachment 248720

that is stuiped crazy the control going threw those crowds. amazing

It's on gas struts, maybe from a tonneau cover?
View attachment 247116View attachment 247117

I will build one of these when I find a suitable donor bike for cheap. 🤪
i watch the video of this bike and i want to build one but when i watched the video you seem to go up in down when you dont want to so its full up or full down cause the shocks work with weight so if you shift the wrong way you going down or the other way if i ever build one i would use a electric hydraulic shock that way you get chooper style or half tall or full tall

IMG_0502.jpeg
Here’s my 18 speed penny farthing. First ride was great until I pulled back into my driveway and hit a chuckhole ! I went over the bars in no slow motion and broke my arm and my ribs!
IMG_0630.jpeg
Back into the shop, installed a different seat post and handle bar neck to move the center of gravity back a few inches. Rode it again to test it, road great. Took it all apart, painted it, labeled it “Suicycle”, and put it up. I realized at my age I don’t heal very fast from broken bones !

if i ever build one i would use a electric hydraulic shock that way you get chooper style or half tall or full tall
I've seen it done that way too. The motors I've seen on amazon would take 20 or so seconds to cycle one direction which is a little slower than I would prefer. Another option is to using locking gas struts. They will stay put wherever you lock them out and can have a handlebar mounted control lever.

hit a chuckhole ! I went over the bars in no slow motion and broke my arm and my ribs!
Doh! Sounds like something I would do.
I realized at my age I don’t heal very fast from broken bones !
I'm with you on that one. Rides will be cautious although I understand the tallbikes are actually easier to balance. It's getting on and off that takes some getting used to.

Doh! Sounds like something I would do.

I'm with you on that one. Rides will be cautious although I understand the tallbikes are actually easier to balance. It's getting on and off that takes some getting used to.
Getting on is easy ! Getting off is even easier, but getting off safely is another issue. You have to plan your stops, you just can’t put your foot down.

Well, I haven't had time to get back to this build. It's been pretty busy around here and I wanted to make sure I finished my class 1 build. I'm still going to build this bike. Could I get this thread moved to the regular builds section? Thanks!

Back