Let's see your Pashley Guv'nor style bikes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hubgearfreak said:
my opinion (if it's worth anything) is that it must have
1.relaxed geometry
2. hub gears or singlespeed
3. lugged steel frame.

tig welded aluminium with derailliers but with white tyres just doesn't cut it at all
I won't try to define the thread, but these are the characteristics I'm looking for.

I wish that Sillgey Pizazz was lugged.

Bella Ciao frames meet the requirements, but they're as much as the Gov'nor and not as nice looking IMO.

Not a lugged frame...but...

rollfast7.jpg

rollfast6.jpg

rollfast5.jpg

rollfast4.jpg

rollfast3.jpg

rollfast2.jpg

It's a 1920s DP Harris..the badge is not original. I think it was a Rollfast.

Nice job Weakfish.

Hello guys!
This post is to thank you for the inspiration.
I am from Latvia, one of the most beautiful countries in the world :)
A few years back I started to build a bike. I had a dream about a retro-style bike, a beautiful, durable and high quality Latvian made bicycle. I really was inspired from your forum and your beautiful bikes.
Result - I have a Latvian made bike, which can be driven every day on all roads.
Now the first season is spent driving this bike, ...... - I am really happy !

About my bicycle brand: Erenpreis
Frame, fork, handlebars, setpost: produced in 1932 !
Rims size: 622 Tyres: Shwalbe Fat Frank
Saddle: Brooks ( analog construction as the original saddle )
Original chrome plated front Bosch lamp with 12V Standard dynamo, I am using a 6 V LED bulbs. Original Pedals and big gear. I found original hubs unused, manufactured in the thirties in Latvia. Handlebars are custom made by Latvian master - apple wood + stinles steel. And the most important nuance - the color is black-brown- - not black. And custom made frame decals.
Driving is a real pleasure !!!

DSCN1277.jpg

Elite-erenpreis-022.jpg

Elite-erenpreis-024.jpg

Elite-erenpreis-028.jpg

tb-001.jpg

tb-001a.jpg

tb-000.jpg

tb-004.jpg

tb-005.jpg

Ok.jpg

I'm still working on the mud guards and other accessories.

Regards:
RateEnpreis

Super job RateEnpreis!!!

BezO said:
I wish that Sillgey Pizazz was lugged.

Bella Ciao frames meet the requirements, but they're as much as the Gov'nor and not as nice looking IMO.
i like this style of bike and i'm (slowly) building one out of an old lugged raleigh frame,got a new 3 speed drum rear and drum front hub to build up...started with this
KGrHqNHJCUEhPv6NCJBQJsUFYhvg60_58.jpg
T2eC16FHJGE9nm3pwQLBQJsUHdhQw60_58.jpg
its a budget build so far £17 for the bike,£10 for new rear wheel,£5 for the drum front hub,the bars look good swapped upsidedown swept back,the red saddle is in good condition so that can stay..still undecided if i want a cotterless crank or keep the original,then its cream or whitewall tyres and new cables...should get away with approx £75-£100 by the time its done...
Pashleys are expensive so there's new kid on the block here in the UK
http://www.jaspacycles.com

dsc0574.jpeg

Lugged Steel frame built to British standards in either single or double cross bar configuration
$(KGrHqR,!qQE+n(Q,wdbBQECDEb1Ng~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!rgE+)wFpd)iBQECDcpdL!~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!pgF!HfsNM8(BQECDegD8Q~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!ooE+4VdrUifBQECD,2,+!~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!iYE+nO06UpWBQECDVpq)w~~60_58.JPG

$T2eC16NHJHoE9n3Kd2(HBQECDM,WKQ~~60_58.JPG

Jaspa Cycles Pathracer 1920's style road bike.
Brooks Sprung Saddle and Brooks Grips
Sturmey Archer Crank and Hubs
Schwalbe Delta Cruiser Tyres on Brushed alloy Rims
Bronze Head Badge

This is Jaspa Cycles beautiful 1920's Pathracer, designed and built in the UK, it has a 2 speed kick rear hub with an overrun brake, with a Sturmey front drum brake.
It uses quality components married to a steel 22" steel frame built to UK standards and is cloaked in a beautiful green silk finish paint.
If you want an iconic pushbike that evokes a previous era that is built to last at an affordable price - this is it.
Our motto is Cycles with soul and that is exactly what you'll get, a bike that stands out from the crowd and oozes soul.
Available in Grey, Green or powder blue.
Feel free to come and try before you buy, we are in Rugby
We officially launched at this years Bike Blenheim show in August where we had our full range of Pathracers on show.
We are offering this bike at an introductory price of £450
Check our website:jaspacycles.com
Twitter @jaspacycles
facebook jaspacycles
feel free to email us at [email protected]

I like!!!, would be nice if there is enough market here (USA) to get them.
I would buy one but for having far too many unfinished Brit framesets sitting about awaiting my attentions.

gcrank1 said:
I like!!!, would be nice if there is enough market here (USA) to get them.
I would buy one but for having far too many unfinished Brit framesets sitting about awaiting my attentions.

thought i'd share with you guys......they are happy to quote for worldwide shipping on their website

I came across the Jaspa site not too long ago & thought I finally found what I was looking for. But then I found out their smallest frame is 22". I ride a 52cm frame, which is more like 20.5". Maybe they'll add a smaller size once business picks up.

I also hope they add more options. More than 2 speeds would be nice.

Now Im thinking on building up my old Nottingham Triumph frameset (IIRC those std frames were about 20.5") with an Electra 3spd x 26" wheelset c/w Bontrager H-2 tires. My '72 BSA sgl. spd. and Raleigh Sports gents & ladies would have another stablemate (I gotta get more garage........) and Id have three nice marques all in a row.

I can't beleive that there is not a single Rudge in this thread.
Here is my 1948 Rudge Whitworth Sport

RWa1-1.jpg

Back