LIME DROP ~~~ frame to rough

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Busy couple weeks here. Time to get back on this. Spokes came in yesterday. Time to lace up some wheels.
IMG_0144.jpeg

Okay I’ve been looking at this bike sitting in my bike work space. Trying to figure out if I like the springer parts on the fork. The answer is yes but I how do use the holes for the original support bolt? What about handlebar mounts?
IMG_9812.jpeg
IMG_0172.jpeg

Found two matching stems in my parts bin
IMG_0173.jpeg
IMG_0170.jpeg

Cut to fit…
IMG_0174.jpeg

IMG_0175.jpeg
IMG_0176.jpeg
IMG_0177.jpeg
IMG_0181.jpeg
IMG_0180.jpeg
IMG_0179.jpeg
Didn’t want to cut up a good ape hanger.. so I cut a cruiser bar in half just to see how it would workNot bad but then taped the apes to the stems.. looks so cool! Need to get a tall set of apes and cut. I love how having the bars so far forward really makes the shape of the frame pop.

IMG_0189.jpeg
IMG_0192.jpeg
IMG_0194.jpeg

This is just a proof of concept.. I totally can get this to work and look clean.. lots more to come.

Attachments

• IMG_0189.jpeg
    IMG_0189.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0188.jpeg
    IMG_0188.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0184.jpeg
    IMG_0184.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0182.jpeg
    IMG_0182.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Okay I’ve been looking at this bike sitting in my bike work space. Trying to figure out if I like the springer parts on the fork. The answer is yes but I how do use the holes for the original support bolt? What about handlebar mounts?
View attachment 250976View attachment 250977
Found two matching stems in my parts bin
View attachment 250978View attachment 250979
Cut to fit… View attachment 250980

View attachment 250981View attachment 250982View attachment 250983View attachment 250984View attachment 250985View attachment 250986Didn’t want to cut up a good ape hanger.. so I cut a cruiser bar in half just to see how it would workNot bad but then taped the apes to the stems.. looks so cool! Need to get a tall set of apes and cut. I love how having the bars so far forward really makes the shape of the frame pop.

View attachment 250997View attachment 250999View attachment 251000
This is just a proof of concept.. I totally can get this to work and look clean.. lots more to come.
Madness!!!

Small update
Got the handlebar mounting all figured out. UPS delivered the paint yesterday. The fuzzy math got to my head trying to lace weird count rims to 36 hole hubs. So I ordered some new rims should be here soon. Just need some warm weather to paint.. let’s hope. Lots of photos and updates to come 👍🏼
IMG_0343.jpeg

I work weekends off Tuesdays &Wednesdays maybe some painting next week. Thanks for looking.

in regards to those bars im with pondo, as in ,didnt even have a clue what was happening until I saw the final pic!, looks sick as!
Thank you!! Can’t wait to show the finished bar set up. Lots more to come!

That looks so good, but I'm thinking the stems will need to be anti-rotated somehow. They will probably rotate down easily when pulling on the bars.

was this a home bike or was it factory
Found this frame at a local swap meet.. someone customized an old Schwinn Suburban. I just love the look of it.
That looks so good, but I'm thinking the stems will need to be anti-rotated somehow. They will probably rotate down easily when pulling on the bars.
Thanks!! I hear you!! I think I got it all to work. I do have a couple ideas if they want to rotate.

Found this frame at a local swap meet.. someone customized an old Schwinn Suburban. I just love the look of it.

Thanks!! I hear you!! I think I got it all to work. I do have a couple ideas if they want to rotate.
i would cope the ends so they dont move

Been busy around here for the last two weeks..
Bad NEWS!… I wanted this frame to
work so badly I might have had my rose colored classes on when looking it over. Turns out the welds are junk. When I ground the paint off there was a ton of bondo hiding the truth.
I did think about just bondoing it all back up and not telling you guys. But that would not. be right, plus I ride the snot out my bikes and I’m really excited about spraying this with some cool Lime paint and riding it!
I did try a couple frames I had laying around but none are as cool as this one. That headtube rake with the fork and handlebar set up I want to do!!
I’m still hopeful to get this done.(just not before the end of the month) Going to ask around see if someone can help me weld this up just right. The seat-stays are hardly attached right now as it is

IMG_0492.jpeg
IMG_0495.jpeg
IMG_0494.jpeg
IMG_0493.jpeg
IMG_0496.jpeg
IMG_0497.jpeg
IMG_0501.jpeg
IMG_0500.jpeg
IMG_0499.jpeg
IMG_0469.jpeg
IMG_0515.jpeg

Yikes theres some horrid welds in there and I know coz they look like some of mine!
Keep at it bro, looks like you n me gonna be tightening things and aligning stuff only 1 hr before the deadline....Love it!

Back