LocoJoe's Recent Rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Fathers Day)

I've added both of the feeds to my YouTube.

I have a flip but I've used it for very little. I would like to use it more. Do you use a mount on the bike for any of the shots?

I also have an Epic 4G Touch that I could use for some things but I usually use it as GPS for my rides.

I'll check out VideoPad.

Thanks!

aka_locojoe said:
I believe it was something like this.. Years ago Mom was pulling him water skiing and was to sling him up on to the beach. She got to close and he hit the sand going full speed and went tumbling end over end through all the beach goers. He jumped up, grabbed the skis and walked off acting like that's the way he always did it.
I should know the story word for word, I've heard it a million times :wink: . That one and also how Mom sunk someone's boat when she got caught up in ski rope they were dragging.

I love old water ski stories, my parents have them and my father-in-law has some "vintage" stories that will drop your jaw! haha Mom did the beach landing tumble once, she also got pulled over by a boat on pontoons for driving the boat wrecklessly, they gave her a warning. My father-in-law convinced me to do things such as barefooting... :shock: The best was when I was about 12 and mom and I water skiied side by side, I'd never done it before, but she assured me they did it all the time. I was on 2 skis mom was slalom, dad hits the throttle and we're up, I go outside the wake and all of a sudden see something coming out of the corner of my eye... :eek: Mom hits me full speed, I can still remember the sound of the wood Cypress Garden skis clacking together as we tumble through the water. I demand of mom "What was that?" Then as she laughed she said that when they use to double they used different length ropes... :|

Good stories yoothgeye. Maybe my family's not so abnormal after all.

DaBigKahuna, no I never mount the camera. I like to have it where I can easily shoot anywhere and not just where the bike is going.
The Flip is small, easy to use and I don't worry to much about dropping it. My only complaint about it is its focal length. I don't know how to explain it but it's closer when shooting then most cameras. I have to get back farther than I'm used to and I think it also makes for a shakier video. In most cases I don't put a whole lot of effort into the filming or editing (that should be obvious) but I enjoy it.

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Catching Up)

Catching up...

Sometime last week the parents and I went to the town of Hutchinson to ride their trail.
P1000168.JPG

On our way home we passed a RAMM (Race Across America) rider for Team Hope. We pulled over and cheered him on as he rode by.
P1000204.JPG

Last Thursday was 20" night.
P1000362.JPG

Yesterday the wife and I rode our local rail-to-trail.
P1000541.JPG

After that we went to Hutchinson, ate and road the same trail I did with folks earlier in the week.
Carnitas.
IMG_2709.JPG

Toasty.
P1000585.JPG

Wife doing some window shopping after the ride.
P1000600.JPG

Been hot here too, but for some reason out of nowhere it's cool today, only a high of 80 and low humidity... :eek: Going riding later.

How's the humidity where you are?

yoothgeye said:
Been hot here too, but for some reason out of nowhere it's cool today, only a high of 80 and low humidity... :eek: Going riding later.

How's the humidity where you are?
80 lucky you! Yes take advantage of it. Oh how I long for 80 degrees. When it's 80 though I still complain :roll:

Right now (7:44pm) the temp is 102 and humidity 24%. I think the high today was around 106.

The folks and I went riding this morning while it was under 100.

Mom
P1000766.JPG

Dad
P1000748.JPG

Red-eared slider
P1000727.JPG

Yellow Crowned Night Heron (I think)
P1000757.JPG

My ride
P1000728.JPG

Dad's ride
P1000740.JPG

Wow, great new pictures!
The night shot with the 20" is cool. Very nice that you cheered the RAMM dude. It probably helped a lot (my observation from a marathon).

It's been hot here too but then cooled off and now in the 90's again. We usually get it pretty bad (very sticky) when the weather comes from the South (yesterday 93F with 75F dewpoint). Otherwise the Northen high pressure systems are warm but drier (like today:~90F with 68F dewpoint) Mid July and we get to 90F with 95% humidity and dewpoint in the high 70's low 80's.
They are all perfect days for a bike ride to the beach :D

aka_locojoe said:
I think the sign is redundant :lol: :lol:

That's a cool bridge.
Great nature shots :shock: :D , I can see getting the turtle to stand still long enough for a shot but the heron?
Thanks for postin'
Steve

nice ride pics .. that slider looks my Rudy the red eared slider we have a him living on our porch .. :mrgreen:

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (American Test Ride)

another cool riding video.

I liked all the "American" locations that match up to the bike theme!

Randy... you never cease to amaze me!

You think your video's are poorly filmed and edited? you would be wrong. 8) thats good stuff... I especially liked the car wash segment.

very entertaining!

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Ride To The River)

Thanks Jerry, Mitch.

This morning we went for a 22 mile ride to the Ninnescah river and back. My Wife riding her new bike. Although she really likes her Specialized MTB she was looking for something a little more suited to our type of riding which anymore is gravel and paved rails-to-trails and paths. We compared many bikes but when you find one in your favorite color, nothing else matters.

P1010004.JPG

P1010031.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010007.JPG

My wife and me really enjoy your videos and pics. :D
The river route looks like a nice ride.
Congrats to your wife on her new bike. It looks like it rides smooth...
Know about the color thing with my wife too :lol:
Thanks for posting
Steve

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Noodle Ride)

Steve thanks glad you both enjoy them. Wife seems to really like the new bike. Now we just need to get it set up with a rack and additional water bottle cage. It only has bosses for 1 cage. Also maybe a little wider tire for trails. We're really hi-tech now. Our first bike with carbon fiber although just the fork.

Back on the bikes again today. What was planned to just be a ride to go eat at Noodles turned in to a 31 mile loop around part of the city. Got a break today with the temp. Was under 100. 97 during our ride.

For the locals who might be interested... First time we dd a loop like this. Here's the route http://goo.gl/maps/jihL

P1010049.JPG

P1010057.JPG

P1010085.JPG

P1010128.JPG

Randy, I was planning on making almost that same loop yesterday, was getting loaded up and the phone rang.... had to go help my Son with his house. When I got done I didn't have enough time to make a big ride so I rode the local 7 mile loop.

thanks for the map.... that is almost exactly like I was planning.

Ratfink1962 said:
Randy, I was planning on making almost that same loop yesterday, was getting loaded up and the phone rang.... had to go help my Son with his house. When I got done I didn't have enough time to make a big ride so I rode the local 7 mile loop.

thanks for the map.... that is almost exactly like I was planning.
How about that. It's a nice ride. The sidewalk along Central is standard & narrow but we didn't encounter anyone else. Might be a better way to do this. It wasn't planned we were just winging it.

I'm liking to color of the new bike too. Did she get the 700 cm wheels? They make a heck of a lot of difference over 26in.

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Independence Day Ride)

Perfect bike for the day!

My wife and kids rode to the beach yesterday 102 degrees! :shock:

I'm sure your ride wasn't much cooler :wink:

As always love the pics and updates.

Back