looking for Biggest Seat/saddle possible

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I have tried searching for pics or info on the biggest most comfortable seat/ saddle out there..... anyone have any ideas or pics?

Thanks, This forum is great! I'm new to it and have found tons of info already!

Your biggest seat is probably going to come off an old exercise bike...like a Schwinn Air-Dyne.

Those seats are HUGE! :shock:

trike seats are huge.

I have an extra VW bench seat...J/K

My father in law once asked me to make him a lazy-boy recliner that he could pedal. I never did it, but it could be fun.

"Big" does not always equate to comfort, as a seat that is too big can chafe when you pedal.

Keep an eye out for "Worksman" brand seats, some of which come in larger sizes. Careful though, because some of them seem to use an extra-small solid seatpost.

I've seen a picture of a bicycle with the tractor seat on it. You can of course get recumbents that have a large seat.

Here's a trike seat, only shown "out of stock". I've seen one on Craigslist on occasion, and they pop up on Ebay from time to time. http://www.huskybicycles.com/Merchant2/ ... ct_Count=1

stevenjhow said:
A tractor seat is an awesome idea!! .

Actually we tried it on my buddies trike.
It's nearly impossible to pedal. You need
something shaped like a bike seat.
Anything with a flat front keeps your
legs from extending on the downstroke.

Does that make sense?

I love those old excercise bikes! I had one just like it a few years ago. In fact, I bought another one just like it yesterday. I cut the feet off so the tire hit the ground. and on the back I bolted on some skate board trucks and wheels. Then I rode it to work. It was hilarious! It looked like I had just escaped from the gym.

If anyone cares it is easier to ride backwards.
This time I am going to redesign the rear steer so I can ride it foreward easier.

That 66 tooth gear is awesome too. I had one on a full fendered schwinn cruiser. I could do 34 or so on flat ground for 1 block. Then I was done. I raced my brother on his honda spree one time and killed him on top end. :D

I am going to have to pass the sofa pic on to my father in law!That's great.

I needed a BIG seat also. Recumbent exercise bike, for $2, supplied this one. :D

007-3.jpg

our trike has a tractor seat.
DSC00884.jpg

artgeco is right, you have to sit on the edge to really pedal well. were eventually gonna put a regular seat on it.

ArtGeco said:
stevenjhow said:
A tractor seat is an awesome idea!! .

Actually we tried it on my buddies trike.
It's nearly impossible to pedal. You need
something shaped like a bike seat.
Anything with a flat front keeps your
legs from extending on the downstroke.

Does that make sense?

Yeah that does make sense.... :( I didnt really think about that. Well, maybe the exercise seat might be a better option.

Back