Looking for ideas, I want to do it up "GASSER" style.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am building a new swing bike. So far I have decided to go with a rear fender only, and I just built a five speed disc brake rear wheel for it. I am mostly looking for suggestions on what a good gasser color theme would be. I am kindof leaning toward copper and white right now. If you have some good gasser pics, please POST THEM! thanks.

bikepics068.jpg

i'm right there with you man, i'm building a gasser bike too. I've learned if you type in "chevy gasser" on google you get a lot of pictures. i think red with a crazy gasser name in gold leaf in the middle. heres a pic of my progress.
its kind of a bobber too
DSC04211.jpg

I am probably not going to run a chain guard, but having it raised like you did really does give it the look. Cool idea! I like the tire combo too. I would like to find a really cool 5 spoke "mag" style sprocket. Schwinn had a pretty cool one, but the krate "MAG" is too big for this frame.

my 51 ford when i ran it as a gasser back in 63 was white. they were mostly black,red,grey.not sure what the colors are now but i seem to remember some orange also. red with goldleaf would be kool.

Outlaw 8)

yeah, thats nice. haven't been into that for ever, sure brings back memorys.

Outlaw 8)

those are very kool. like to some pic of that black bug an the ford next to it.

Outlaw 8)

i think a minature moon tank mounted to the fork along with some mesh would be awesome.

maybe some colored plexi inserts between the bars on the frame too

lobsterboyx said:
i think a minature moon tank mounted to the fork along with some mesh would be awesome.

maybe some colored plexi inserts between the bars on the frame too
I like your ideas, little moon tank and some red or blue plexiglass. I'd say some heavy metalflake paint. Paint one or both wheels a magnesium color to look like old mag wheels. Big square slick in back, skinny little guy up front. Google "Gasser Madness" that'll give you some ideas.

So far... Big FAT slick. If I keep the wheel trued up good, I will be able to squeese a fender in there. I got a disc brake so I could stop the bike. And a five slotted spoke protector to resemble the five slotted aluminum or magnesium wheels. I likes that blue '57 chev gasser. I really liked the shifter. I think I will build a stick shifter for it similar to a schwinn krate shifter. I have built my own before and they work like the schwinn ones do. This one I want to incorporate a ratcheting style shifter as part of the stick shift along with a white shifter ball. All I will have to do is click the lever forward to shift down and back to shift up. Unlike schwinn and other muscle bikes, this would allow the shift lever to sit in the same position in every gear. That might take me a while, but I am really excited about it!

bikepics078.jpg

bikepics079.jpg

bikepics075.jpg

bikepics073.jpg

SWING BIKE LOOKS BAD TO THE BONE! Any updates? Cant WAIT!

well since this came up an i hadn't thought about gasser's for ever, i started to think about it an am starting to dig around in my stuff to build a gasser bike. it's going to have to have a custom frame that i am drawing up. so lets see some more gasser's getting built. thanks for bringing this up. what a great idea.

Outlaw 8)

bikebuilder, gaser, where you guys at on the builds? found some stuff to use for mine. have a rear end i can use ,an a front end also. just need to bend some tubing to finnish the frame. it'll be more drag bike looking, but hey, they have gas classes too. lol. way too much fun.

Outlaw 8)

Here is where i am at right now. I am still debating whether or not to run a chainguard, and if so, how high to raise it. I kind-of want to make the bike look factory built.

bikepics080.jpg

This is a bike I am building for someone else right now. This one is very close to an original. Because I want mine more dragster style too. I redesigned the frame on mine to look longer. This will help with swingbike stunts as well. Mine is only 1" longer than the "original style one".

Picture.jpg

bikepics068.jpg

bikepics069.jpg

Back