Made my own indian from a girls huffy...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can't find it...Make it...
000-1.jpg

I don't know what year huffy it was...
0001-1.jpg

First I tried flipping the top tube...
0002-1.jpg

That looked OK
0003-1.jpg

This looked better
0004-1.jpg

But then I redid the top tube
0005-1.jpg

Then it was time for the tank
0006-1.jpg

0007.jpg

0008.jpg

And then I finally go the right handlebars, seat and grips....reupholstered the seat to match grips
0009.jpg

0010.jpg

0011.jpg

Hope you guys like here.....Here name is Betty

Man you are nice.. I am impressed with how you turn trash into treasure.. keep up the sweet fab work..oh and the bus is dope!

sweet!! girls huffys are good for something too! :lol:
thats what i used for my kids build(your looks to be 70's mine was a 90's) i like the tank :mrgreen: just a gas cylinder for the curves(or maybe some steel pipes to bend over)? or did you make a hammer form?

I used a 3" pipe...It's all one piece...I just put a cut almost all the way around about 2/3 of the way down...(you can see the cut in the picture) then I would slowly roll over the ends making a cone....and I rolled the cone shape by beating it with a hammer more and more and would keep cutting out the excess ( that is what I am cutting in that picture)......It took a while then I just welded it....I still haven't put any bondo one the tank...I'm pretty proud of that tank....

ya know that is awsome, i really like it. i 3" pipe an ya did that, wow dude i am impressed an i like the dub, that is sweet.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Another unbelievable transformation. You could start a frame business here. I'd buy one

1920sIndian.jpg

This was my inspiration....I need all white tires but no one makes all white 27" tires.... :(
Have you guys seen anything?

Check Electra, they now make white 700 cc tires for the amsterdams, I dont know if thats close enough to fit 27 inch rims but you should have no problem finding 700 cc wheels if they dont. I know the 700 cc wheels fit on 27 inch bikes. I have been thinking about the white tires for my red amsterdam.

Latest posts

Back