Made my own indian from a girls huffy...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adapt said:
l_6951a1146848be0597f215995b73c249.jpg

Here's my girl..

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm a VW fan myself. Still drive one til this day

Hey Adapt,

Absolutly great job on the bike!! I'm been drawing up plans and looking like crazy for frames to build a motorized board track era bike. I was originally thinking of making a frame from an old moutain bike but then I came across your bike build and it was like seeing heaven. Your idea about flipping the top tube over on a girls bike is genious. Hope you don't mind I'm gonna borrow your idea...but I want to curve the down tube to wrap around the motor just like the old board trackers.

Question for you, what/how is the best way to cut the top tube with out cutting into the stem and seat tube, in order to maximize the over all length of top tube to be flipped? I think I worded that question ok, let me know if you need clarification.

Thanks again for the inspiration!
-Kevin

I very carefully cut it off with a dye grinder with a cutt off wheel....like in that picture with me cutting the tank down....I usually save my cut off wheels at all different sizes so I can get into tight areas.....the tube is usually about a 1/2 inch longer anyway so there is tube to spare...I think....HAPPY CUTTING!!!!

Adapt said:
l_6951a1146848be0597f215995b73c249.jpg

Here's my girl..

Heyyyyyy,,,,,this is way, way cool. Man some detailed photos in the "The Other Talk" section would get a lot of peepers. I'd love to see more. You have an expected date on it being finished? Keep posting it's progress. You don't happen to have it's Sister out back for sale anywhere would ya? Save the type, I know the answer. Love it anyway.

Yah you're right, it should be added.....I was thinking about this bike too.......And today a guy at the local swapmeet found me some solid white 27" tires :!: ...I couldn't believe it....I've been looking for solid white tires for like 2 1/2 years....I almost bought 700 just to get white tires....

Man you guys know me in and out...I'm flattered you guys remember all my postings and rides...

Well my bus isn't completely finished yet...I just need to do the upholstery....I think it needs leopard print interior......

But I've been driving it since January 2009...and practiced my pinstriping on it too...I even entered it in a couple of car shows...I can add some pictures from Billetproof Cal. and the LA's Ratfink show.......was gonna take it to Mooneyes Xmas show but it rained all weekend :cry:

Oh my God :!: I just got some 27" 1/4 solid white tires at the swap meet today....My Betty is getting a make-over...

Latest posts

Back