(MBBO#05 Class 2) ★★★ ¡ʇdᴉɹɔs ǝɥʇ dᴉlℲ ★★★ (SOLD to finance exciting new venture!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Luke ! you worked your magic , that thing looks fantastic , and welding it to 1 side only is brilliant ! , that build is shaping up to be a real show stopper :113::rockout:
Thanks 1HP! I really hope it turns out well, this is turning in to a lot of work, more than I have put in to any other build I think...
Probably won't be doing another full fabricated sheet metal frame for a while.
Looking forward to seeing this thing skinned and skimmed....
Me too! Always loved the panelled and padded vinyl truck bed covers on the old show trucks, so the side panels will be my little tribute to that...
The differential to frame will make for some cool detail profiles
It will be hard to get all the details into one shot for the single voting pic, but the finished thread can have all the detail shots.

:thumbsup:

Luke.

Thanks 1HP! I really hope it turns out well, this is turning in to a lot of work, more than I have put in to any other build I think...
Probably won't be doing another full fabricated sheet metal frame for a while.

Luke.
pretty sure it will , i can imagine the amount of work ,this stuff takes time effort and precision:praise::thumbsup:

No progress today, spent the day building some cool hubs for someone else's build, but I had a thought I figured you guys could give me some opinions on:

Been thinking about either a wheelie bar or a trailer hitch on the back of the trike, then realised I could add some threaded bosses that could mount either of those options to it...

Good idea, or too much happening with the trike already and it would be overkill?

Luke.

No progress today, spent the day building some cool hubs for someone else's build, but I had a thought I figured you guys could give me some opinions on:

Been thinking about either a wheelie bar or a trailer hitch on the back of the trike, then realised I could add some threaded bosses that could mount either of those options to it...

Good idea, or too much happening with the trike already and it would be overkill?

Luke.
I don't think overkill but not sure it needs it if you know what I mean.it would distract from a rear view witch will show a lot of your bigger fab effort. I really think the rear pan and the frame to diff transition will be a lot of cool visual information.
Also chopper top before trailer :crazy2: my vote.

Depends on the trailer....

:39: ...thinking of a trailer with a serious LTJ munster muscle hotrod vibe...:39:

I don't think overkill but not sure it needs it if you know what I mean.it would distract from a rear view witch will show a lot of your bigger fab effort. I really think the rear pan and the frame to diff transition will be a lot of cool visual information.
Good point there! I could still build a trailer mount that fitted under the rear curve, so it didn't disturb the lines, but the added supports needed for a wheelie bar would ruin the look.
Thanks for pointing that out! :thumbsup:
Depends on the trailer....

:39: ...thinking of a trailer with a serious LTJ munster muscle hotrod vibe...:39:
So was I! Either big enough to cart another bike, or maybe a cooler, or an old barrel or something...

Having the trailer option is a cool idea. What the heck it's alway good to have options & it will give you something else to build . [emoji6]
Might have to see how I go for time, there is still a lot of work to do on those side panels and the crank mount!
Luke, if I were your next door neighbor, I wouldn't get anything done around my house because I'd spend all my time watching you create. Having said that, I still wish I were your next door neighbor. I can't wait to see this finished product.
:thumbsup: Appreciate the comment, glad you enjoy the builds!
You might change your mind if I was next door grinding at mid-night like I was the other night! :21:

Luke.

Build it just to build it? Mmm, well you do have a unique and visually interesting build going on already. I would put it there (hitch or wheelies...) IF I thought I was going to use it. Is it going to NEED wheelie bars? Are you going to use a hitch? Pretty big doodads for not much return, if you're not going to use them.

Carl.

Luke.
Might have to see how I go for time, there is still a lot of work to do on those side panels and the crank mount!

Luke.
i say: You will know when it roll :wink1: like you said , allot more to do..
i don't even know the stance and what te rear end look like completed so i can't really give a tought about yes or no , but i personally think a custom sprigner up front would blend in really well

Personally, I think a sissy bar might detract from the bike. Unless you think it'll flip back, I say leave it off.

A trailer hitch wouldn't take up a lot of space, so I don't think it would hurt aesthetics... but will you use the trailer?

Good point there! I could still build a trailer mount that fitted under the rear curve, so it didn't disturb the lines, but the added supports needed for a wheelie bar would ruin the look.
Thanks for pointing that out! :thumbsup:

So was I! Either big enough to cart another bike, or maybe a cooler, or an old barrel or something...

:thumbsup: Appreciate the comment, glad you enjoy the builds!
You might change your mind if I was next door grinding at mid-night like I was the other night! :21:

Luke.
My neighbor builds derby cars, the county fair is in two weeks. I don't sleep much this time of year.

should make a trailer hitch and trailer for the car tho , to haul this custom to shows :nod::cool::nerd:

Thanks for the comments everyone, think I might weld some threaded bosses in the bottom of the frame in case I do decide to do it later, but will not plan for it just yet.

should make a trailer hitch and trailer for the car tho , to haul this custom to shows :nod::cool::nerd:
It's going on the roofrack of the Datsun! :nerd:

Luke.

Thanks for the comments everyone, think I might weld some threaded bosses in the bottom of the frame in case I do decide to do it later, but will not plan for it just yet.

It's going on the roofrack of the Datsun! :nerd:

Luke.
May need build and exoskeleton unless ur going for a chopped look for the roof with out having to cut it..

Luke.
Thanks for the help with the hubs Luke ;) :thumbsup:

May need build and exoskeleton unless ur going for a chopped look for the roof with out having to cut it..
It is good for 75 kg, and I have been up on it (105kg here) without any worries, Pedro was up there a couple of times with no worries too, so I'm thinking it is all good!
Thanks for the help with the hubs Luke ;) :thumbsup:
No worries, looking forward to seeing them after powder!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back