MBBO#3 the drawing board

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on a cotton picker mock up now, I always try my mock-ups in white, I love white bikes...

Luke.
14967076091_f934132078_o.jpg

Not quite feeling it on this one though...

Luke.

Luke that is some great stuff , I just found this thread and it was what I had in my head for this build off , now I have to come up with another idea , .... you stay out of my head !!!!! LOL

Sounds like weight to me.
Hard to be fast haulin' 80 extra pounds...

Carl.

What about paint schemes? Anybody got an idea where they're goin' with color?
I'm thinkin' thick purple flake on mine...

I'm also trying to piece up a Krate build with my youngest son. Leaning towards different colors on the frame, guard, seat, and grips, and calling it a "Fruit Krate"... my boy came up with the name... I like it.

Carl.

I'm leaning toward something green myself but that's still up in the air as I'm not sure how my build will go yet or if the frame I grabbed will even be used.

BTW Fruit Krate love it

Lol its all about the looks with auto tires. I mean come on how fast can you go on a fat tire bike to begin with lol.
Fastest I've seen was ~10mph from a pro.
Yes, Muscle Bike's need to have a look but they also tried to be quicker than regular Stingrays or polo bikes with the 5 speed rear end and bigger sprocket. I'd rather have a rusty Cuda' with a hemi, than a candied Mustang II on dubs.
(but I can't afford either, so I'm building bikes...)

Merle. :crazy:

Yes, Muscle Bike's need to have a look but they also tried to be quicker than regular Stingrays or polo bikes with the 5 speed rear end and bigger sprocket. I'd rather have a rusty Cuda' with a hemi, than a candied Mustang II on dubs.
(but I can't afford either, so I'm building bikes...)

Merle. :crazy:
I'll take the Mustang II if its a hatch back (then put different wheels on it lol) but I get your point.
My thinking is in an online build off where most of us won't even be able to ride these little bikes if somebody bakes a big cool one they can ride even if its slow who cares.
Also what about all the ss muscle bikes that were made? I'm sure they are by no means fast lol.

The bike I picked up even with the seat all the way up is only big enough to be a cool chair for me; if I'm lucky I'll be able to ride around the block and hope I'm not in a world of pain afterwards.

I hear you. 700c for real speed anyway. Them big o tires look so good even on a brat...lol

Carl.

Is that what you are using? I'm sorry. Actually, it's better than what I'm using. SS muscle bikes are like 6cyl mustangs, all show and no go.

Carl.

Last edited:
Is that what you are using? I'm sorry. Actually, it's better than what I'm using.

Carl.
0da3b3b941bb7e9c9713796209f155c4.jpg

I haven't scratched enough of the black spray bomb off to find purple yet but I'm 90+% sure its a bratz bike lol. I don't own any other small cruisers and was able to snag this one for $20.
I'm still keeping an eye out for something else to use but everybody wants $100+ for anything slightly interesting even if its so rusted the fork can't turn.

Luke that is some great stuff , I just found this thread and it was what I had in my head for this build off , now I have to come up with another idea , .... you stay out of my head !!!!! LOL
Build it too @KEMPRACING! I would love to see how someone else does it! :thumbsup:

What about paint schemes? Anybody got an idea where they're goin' with color?
I'm thinkin' thick purple flake on mine...

I'm also trying to piece up a Krate build with my youngest son. Leaning towards different colors on the frame, guard, seat, and grips, and calling it a "Fruit Krate"... my boy came up with the name... I like it.

Carl.
Fruit Krate, cool! :41:

Nothing wrong with single speed Guys! The bike that won the first MBBO was single speed, and all the early '60's Muscle Bikes were too!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back