(MBBO 4 - Class 1) Corvette Stingray, big boys need Muscle Bikes too..........DeLuxe......Back In!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it's tough, please don't put a banana on it. It's a beautiful cruiser as is....

Carl.

So, my final installment of pictures for today, I adjusted the springer down and sat the fenders on to get a look at how things will work together. If you are thinking that the bike looks better without fenders, that's cool.........I do to, But I am going for bike that Schwinn would have built. I can always remove them later just like I did as a kid. Or I might steal a triple duck tail idea from @yeshoney! I think that would be cool on this bike also!

IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_15281.JPG

Hopefully, I can stay focused on this build....BUT, I do have to build a handicap bathroom for my mother in law. I just can't miss another build off deadline!!

Yeah it's tough, please don't put a banana on it. It's a beautiful cruiser as is....

Carl.
Yeah, focusing on this being a muscle bike, I really haven't even thought about it as a cruiser until your post!! And, looking at these pictures now........... it would be a great cruiser! I can always change things after the build off, but the banana seat, tall sissy, and apes will be installed as planned.

WOW!! That's gorgeous!!.:43: Nice work.

Thanks Chad, a reply like that from another builder that I hold to a high level is heart warming. If Ohio wasn't so far away, I would love to ride this bike alongside of your Huffy!

Looks like all you need is to install a seat and bars,even without; this thing is amazing. Yet another bike you own that I'd LOVE to have in my collection.( and I'm not even a schwinn guy) well done!
:41::113:

Looks like all you need is to install a seat and bars,even without; this thing is amazing. Yet another bike you own that I'd LOVE to have in my collection.( and I'm not even a schwinn guy) well done!
:41::113:

Thanks Falstaff! I say it quietly, but schwinn is not my favorite manufacturer either. I think that it stems from my childhood when the neighborhood kids were riding new Schwinns, I was riding Huffy's. Now, I think that so many companies had so many cool bikes, I could never just own bikes made by one manufacturer. I do still have to make a shifter mount to install my tall 333 shifter along side of the tank, I have to weld in some 4 to 4 1/2" pieces on my handlebars to add some pullback because the seat position will be farther back, them some seat post surgery and a few other new items to purchase................. and the knock off whamo wheelie bar is still in the back of my mind..?

Yeah, focusing on this being a muscle bike, I really haven't even thought about it as a cruiser until your post!! And, looking at these pictures now........... it would be a great cruiser! I can always change things after the build off, but the banana seat, tall sissy, and apes will be installed as planned.
Yeah it'd be a slick "pocket" cruiser... I'll be watching to see if you pull off the "muscle bike" look... awesome so far...

Carl.

Fork extensions are very nice! Love the stance and great tire choice!

Luke.
Yeah Luke, fork extensions..... my contribution to the biking community!!!:giggle: This time though, I'm not sure if it is just the extensions or the extra splash of color that is making this front end look great! Maybe a little of both, I guess. Thanks for your comments my friend! I have been so lost the last 2 to 3 weeks........ I need to go catch up on everyone else builds!!

Carl.

I think a long white nanner with white or blue grips would be money on this bike. Those long banana seats are comfy too and the look great on a larger bike.

Thanks Chad, a reply like that from another builder that I hold to a high level is heart warming. If Ohio wasn't so far away, I would love to ride this bike alongside of your Huffy!

Thank you! I often think how fun it would be to get all the builders and bikes from a build off together for an epic event.

This bike is looking great! Personally, I like the front fender, that little bit of extra chrome is a bonus. White seat, grips and pedals would look sweet too. My Hepkat bike that I'm building is blue and silver with all those white accents and it's looking killer. You have just built a bike that I would be proud to ride. :41: Believe me, I don't say that about too many bikes. Can't wait to see it finished.

This bike is looking great! Personally, I like the front fender, that little bit of extra chrome is a bonus. White seat, grips and pedals would look sweet too. My Hepkat bike that I'm building is blue and silver with all those white accents and it's looking killer. You have just built a bike that I would be proud to ride. :41: Believe me, I don't say that about too many bikes. Can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks man! The seat is white metal flake with silver pleats, grips are silver metal flake coke bottles from Ian, and I have chrome and white pedals coming....... I think we have about the same vision!!

really nice, love the whole thing :113:

Sweeeet. Can't wait to see it finished

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back