(MBBO#4 Class 1) grr-Rat-ified...DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good! Love the tape and bars! Just curious Carl, were the white tires a pre-requisite? Otherwise I'm imagining some red tires, or whatever will match your seat color / mod.....

Looking good! Love the tape and bars! Just curious Carl, were the white tires a pre-requisite? Otherwise I'm imagining some red tires, or whatever will match your seat color / mod.....
Using what I have mostly...
Chain is orange and black...
Wrap is yellow fade to red and black...
Also looking at tires, for a deal ya gotta buy two but they don't wanna sell big/little. So probably going to go with white.

Carl.

Pretty cool looking girls bike.
Before
DSC00662.jpg

Thanks! I think so too. Red seat ain't too bad...
Just checking out one I already had for size, I think it's better than the smaller one I had on there, even tho the smaller one is a two pan seat I can recover, the bigger seat feels better riding it... still no brakes tho...

Carl.

Last edited:
The longer seat looks great on there Carl. It stretches the bike out more. If you want to tone down the red, you could always get some acrylic paint in a small bottle at a craft store. I used a gray on my black naner that was new to make it look more faded. You could use a soft yellow, which might give it more of an orange tinge....probably look good with the tape and chain....

The longer seat looks great on there Carl. It stretches the bike out more. If you want to tone down the red, you could always get some acrylic paint in a small bottle at a craft store. I used a gray on my black naner that was new to make it look more faded. You could use a soft yellow, which might give it more of an orange tinge....probably look good with the tape and chain....

Does the paint come off on your pants when you ride?
I tried that spray can vinyl dye on a trike seat once, won't do that again.

Does the paint come off on your pants when you ride?
I tried that spray can vinyl dye on a trike seat once, won't do that again.
Nope. That's the beauty of the acrylic 100% paint. I let mine dry for 24 hrs, and applied it with a rag in light coats. Looks the same today as it did the first day with about 75 miles of saddle time.

Started stripping the frame down for clear coating. I'm going to use Duplicolor color effex, which is a fine multicolor glitterflake in clear. I've used it before over metalflake and it is awesome! Can't wait to see it over bare metal...

I need to hit the hardware store for some emery cloth and some 4 aught steel wool (0000)(that's how it's pronounced boys, 4 aught...) looks shiney here but really she has a ways to go before clear.

Carl.

I see some buffing in your future!

Luke.
Yeah, did some demolition work today for a walk-in shower remodel, then a hour or so on the bike. Arms are tired but the frame is getting smoother. I'm probably going to have to fog on the glitter-clear. Paint at least has a little tooth for the clear to adhere to, I'm wondering how much tooth the bare metal will have...

Carl.

Great work man. I just noticed that you use the same paint that I use on my figures and to fix the imperfections on WAR PIG that are black

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Great work man. I just noticed that you use the same paint that I use on my figures and to fix the imperfections on WAR PIG that are black

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Thanks man. Duplicolor is the stuff! It's real automotive paint not hobby drek, and a guy could actually match his :eek: vehicle if he wanted...

Carl.

Amen
I'm still waiting for mine to choose the frame she wants. :43:
You guys are lucky. My wife is very cool, and a huge bike rider, and supportive of my hobit (my new word for hobby / habit) of rat rod bikes; but she wants nothing to do with old, vintage rides. Unfortunately too, because for every cool boys bike that turns up, there are 10 girls versions.....

Hey Carl, Thats a wild li'l scoot!
I agree that Duplicolour is great stuff and most products/systems are compatible.
I've used their clear adhesion promoter under clear coats on bare metal and under their anodized finish over Spaceliner chrome with great results.
I often use and can recommend the (heavier duty???) wheel clear for bare metal and over paint as well.

Latest posts

Back