(MBBO Class 1) Hot Purple Valiant!! ( done.. ) )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only does that shifter look good, it is strong enough to hang your bike from the ceiling with it.

Lol the rope is wrapped just in front of it.

Wife telling me to clean up the back porch for Christmas Dinner tomorrow afternoon. Needs a good sweeping anyhow. So will only be bringing one tool at a time out tomorrow. I am told there are goodies under the tree for the bike :)

I know what you mean seems like it takes so many tools for a single job you better not do much or put them up soon as you get them out use it then put it back and it's garanteed you'll get it out and put back 2-3 times before the day is over hope there is some nice parts waiting under the tree for you!

I know what you mean seems like it takes so many tools for a single job you better not do much or put them up soon as you get them out use it then put it back and it's garanteed you'll get it out and put back 2-3 times before the day is over hope there is some nice parts waiting under the tree for you!

Yup, I routinely go from cutoff wheel, to grinder, to drill, to polisher.

I would love to have this couch bike. Christmas eve and beer :)

Ho ho ho. For Christmas, got some things for the build.

Got sparkly grips, pedals and flashers, and some fuzzy dice for the Valiant. :)

Got vinyl and laminate for badging.

And got some stuff for my predator restore.

5:30 am and I ame excited to get started today. I was able to cut in the new cables for the brakes and shifter yesterday and took it for its first ride. With the turning center now behind the head tube, I feels a bit weird. Frame turns out as steering turns in. It will take a little getting used to.

Turn diameter is like a 20' circle. Can barely turn around on the road in front of the house. ;-) lovin it!

Got the chain guard, mirror, and pedal flashers to finish, hopefully today ...

The beatings began and continued until the chain guard decided to straighten up its act. Made a mandrel from a piece I welded for the chain stay on my summer build. Popped the end of my thumb on second to last whack... Ouch. That's gonna hurt tonight.. Glad I had glove on.

my problem is if I put each tool back,within a minute I have forgotten where I put it,spend 5 minutes getting mad looking for it and then realize that its still where I left it by the bike.....I hate forgetting that I forgot to put it back in the first place,but i do have a bikestand box,a toolbox and a a bench that I randomly choose for putting tools on/in

my problem is if I put each tool back,within a minute I have forgotten where I put it,spend 5 minutes getting mad looking for it and then realize that its still where I left it by the bike.....I hate forgetting that I forgot to put it back in the first place,but i do have a bikestand box,a toolbox and a a bench that I randomly choose for putting tools on/in
I've got the same problem of misplacing stuff. Garage is full of car and car parts so when Im working on a build, I drag the equipment to the driveway, or the back porch, which is my preference.

Mirror mount fab for a single post mirror.

The mirror had a broke off siezed post, that I trimmed down for clearance.

Then, I took a M6 clip nut and trimmed it in to where the cables used to pass thru.

For the mount, First I took an old left hand thumb shifter and took it apart, tossing most of it.

I took the base of it and ground a round edge to use as a cam opposit of the slot. The tab that went in the slot to follow the new rounded edge.

I also took a 3/8 bit and hogged out the smaller hole in the base to slide the mirror into.

Then I polished the inside of a stainless M6 machine screw, a stainless washer and the bases. A rubber grommet sliced down the middle agaisnst the bracket.

Lubed with moly graphite, and bolted it together as almost as tight as it would go.

The tab and cam keeps it from going too far.

Moves with resistance only.

Took cloth backed vinyl, masking tape and a blow dryer to get a little goo on the cloth. Then mounted the new mirror to the handlebar.

Last thing will be to mount a glass in it.

Latest posts

Back