(MBBO class1)Low Certification

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1851_zps361cce71.jpg

well painted the frame today,sneak peek's soon,last time I used this type of paint was around 27-28 years ago and surprised I haven't used it until now,as I have a budget of pretty much zero dollars this was a big spend at $32 a can,I was thinking around $20 but not so,but worth it in the end,may paint the wheel the same too

I think Hammerite has changed a bit looks alot smoother than I recall,maybe just me,well I had envisioned a more rustic approach to this build but I seem to be heading towards a cleaner more painted build,now I am not sure wether to paint the rear wheel rim or not,never liked painting over good chrome,if I do paint the rim I think the chrome hub will look more stand outish,sounds like another mock up is in order,I also want to hand paint that heron badge but in non traditional colors....hhhuuummmm ?

put on the chainguard and as I imagined the flat black clashes with the hammerite so will paint over the flat with hammerite but will keep the exhaust burn look at the back

so 2 steps forward 1 step back,painted the diamond plate,put on chain guard,had to bend it for crank arm clearance,put on back wheel and adjusted for clearence,my step back is the good chrome crank I put on is smaller so the chain interferes with the frame....grrrrr

Latest posts

Back