(MBBO04C1) '67 HUFFY "The Musclepunk"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking great!

This should be a little more muscle punky.

seat_zpscatudgcu.jpg~original

seat2_zpsppzuik5u.jpg~original

Getting better at the seat. It was suggested last year to use heat. That's what I did this year. That helped but the seat is tricky. This is my 5th seat I think. I'll try it on the bike later today probaby.
Nice work on the seat! That's no easy task.

Meh...seat looks alright..:happy:..guess I'll keep it on there.:nerd:

seat3_zpsqqswimyj.jpg~original

seat4_zpso94iu0ng.jpg~original

seat5_zps8qfe9ogp.jpg~original

seat6_zpsu9xcw0lw.jpg~original

seat7_zpsozdz5pgy.jpg~original

Looks great.:cool2::thumbsup:
Have anymore of the material ? :D

I just have some plain red vinyl left like what I put in the back rim to show through the stars. The source of the striped material does not wish to reveal itself at this time and it wasn't Eagleye. I couldn't squeeze a piece of vinyl out of him this year...:21:

Looking great!
Thank you kingfish!

I like the way that turned out. You are fast becoming a pro at this :)

Building... riding...
Seat looks great!

Luke.

Nice work on the seat! That's no easy task.

Thank you guys so much. It's been a lot of work and practice and some luck with figuring some things out this time. Main thing was giving up on the idea of stuffing a Person's seat full of padding and having it still look cool. To get the good look you have to follow the curve of the seat. You can kind of see where I had to stretch it there at the back. Heat gun helped a lot with that.

I plan on getting something to make a cover I can just throw on there to ride it with.

Last edited:
Those stripes look so nice and bold; I'm wondering about a pair of bright white grips to balance / highlight the red on the front of the bike?..!..

Thank you fellas! Nice to finally get a good result with the seat noodle. Practice helps. One of those things you just have to do a few times I guess.

Those stripes look so nice and bold; I'm wondering about a pair of bright white grips to balance / highlight the red on the front of the bike?..!..

Totally!!! White grips ordered for "Oddjob's Grip of the Week"....stayed tuned...:21:

Well the white grips aren't here yet but I did take it outside to take a pic of the paint job on the fork bridge deal.

brake4_zps5faw3exw.jpg~original

and then after consulting with a muscle bike expert I adjusted the seat angle a bit. I may take the nose up a bit further. Kind of gives it s certain kind of sass. Lots of time to fine tune. Trying to work on getting some better pics.

mp19_zpssh5sixby.jpg~original

Great looking bike many cool parts. Awesome job man . A real head turner for sure .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if I've said this before or not, but I really like that fork.
Great looking bike many cool parts. Awesome job man . A real head turner for sure .
Boy that looks good Chad!

Thank you guys! Fallstaff, the fork surprised me. I never thought that bridge would turn out as easily as it did.

Lesson learned there is.....if you can picture something you can make it work.

Nice comfortable cruiser....

Carl you're seeing right through the disguise..:D

One of my Favorites in this buildoff!!

Thank you! I appreciate that.

Been really cold here so I've been working on some reflector brackets indoors. Been bending them up out of bicycle spokes.

reflector_zpsomxgu4ax.jpg~original

Was bending these up in anticipation of the arrival of a box of NOS Cat Eye reflectors. These are a similar reflector to the Gulco reflectors that would have been used on a 1967 Huffy or Schwinn Muscle bike.

reflector2_zpslrh3qexg.jpg~original

One thing I did get done in the garage was drill and tap this peace symbol so I could clamp it to the sissy. Here's a shot of that and the new reflector.

peace_zpsmqmamjtl.jpg~original

Mail man just showed up. Time to see if them white grips came in.

Back