(MBBO04C1) '67 HUFFY "The Musclepunk"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah! That peace symbol! :41:

Thanks OddJob. I won't tell what it is but I'll give you a clue. The guy I bought it from was named "bucklemart"...:21:

Love those reflector brackets, that is some really nice work!

Luke.

Thanks Luke. Gave me something to fiddle with inside. Winter is almost upon us here in Ohio.

Very cool . :cool2::thumbsup:

Hope those white grips: show up soon . :grin:

They're here. I cut the flanges off and used the black end caps with them. They were used grips zip tied to a new card but they were super cheap.

I'll have to get some more pics tomorrow when there's better light.

wgrip_zpsumvobjr4.jpg~original

Been playing with the seat angle. The banana seat can kind of be used as a sass o'meter. When it's flat it's a little sassy up to super sassy. When you get the nose more up in the air it starts getting snotty then on up through super snotty if you keep going. I've got it kind of set to snotty here.

I also cut some more off of the top of the layback seat post to try and hide it but still have the seat moved back just a shade. Hopefully get some good shots tomorrow for the official grip of the week update.

On my 3rd of 13 days off. Lots of time to goof around with the bikes. :)

Classic & cool love your bike ! Like the the grips . Pork chop Bmx has a large variety of old school grips to choose from if you ever need some on an other bike .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Fellers...

A few more picks for grip of the week. OddJob's white suggestion. I like the white. Not super wild about the grips themselves. (Black Ops Turbos...soiled)

grip5_zpspspciyew.jpg~original

Ok next, while talking to Eagleye he suggested I try some red glitter Hunt Wild grips. Just so happens a set of those just came off the Junior so I gave those a shot. These are brand new.

grip4_zpsjudgsmk9.jpg~original

Then I wanted to try the Huffy grips again while the bars were slick. Little crusty but have the right shape.

grip6_zpsjcehy5rc.jpg~original

Lost my good light on those last 2 shots. Still working on the pic taking...

Was going to ad a poll but couldn't figure it out...oh well feel free to pick a grip...not sure which ones I like the best.

Hunt Wilde red glitter gets my vote. You already knew that though ha!

The color on the red Hunt Wilde grips seems to match the stripey seat and the paint better. I dig the Huffy grips, but they have darkened a little from age I think, they don't pop like those Hunt Wilders.

Red Glitter: my vote.:cool2:

Hunt Wilde red glitter gets my vote. You already knew that though ha!

The color on the red Hunt Wilde grips seems to match the stripey seat and the paint better. I dig the Huffy grips, but they have darkened a little from age I think, they don't pop like those Hunt Wilders.

Thank you guys. 2 votes for the Hunt Wilds.

Remember Cobra grips
When I was a kid theses were cool grips to have [emoji41]

You like
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not remember those Cobra grips but I missed the bmx stuff. I don't think I'd go with red or vintage if I used bmx grips but something more modern and white like these.

cult%20white.JPG

These are actually a similar look to what was on the bike when I got it. Save yourself from the grip vortex while you still can..:21:

Big change today was the seatpost. Eliminated the layback look but not all of the layback.

Been playing around with the lighting I get in the back of my house. In the early afternoon I get a reflection off of the window that will light up the bike but the background is shaded. Didn't get a shot with the Hunt Wilds. Just the white and Huffy grips.

grip9_zpshr0rzezf.jpg~original

grip8_zpsuagebxqu.jpg~original

Was going to ad a poll but couldn't figure it out...oh well feel free to pick a grip...not sure which ones I like the best.
Can only add polls to new threads when doing the first post.

I like the red glitter ones...

Luke.

Hmmm. Both colors work, wasn't sure you could get close enough with the red, but looks good. White still pops more for me. Rule of `60s: gloves, purse, and shoes should all match. Oh wait, that's for another forum......

Can only add polls to new threads when doing the first post.

I like the red glitter ones...

Luke.

Thank you Luke. I knew I saw that somewhere.

I like the white grips my self , but then again it's all up to the guy behind the bars [emoji106]

Hmmm. Both colors work, wasn't sure you could get close enough with the red, but looks good. White still pops more for me. Rule of `60s: gloves, purse, and shoes should all match. Oh wait, that's for another forum......

I could have probably done the white with some different grips but fear of another trip into the grip vortex has me wanting to use one of these I have on hand.

To me the grips are a bit too much red but I thought of something to remedy that. I know the cure for too much red...more chrome!..:D

grip11_zpsjiizs9qe.jpg~original

I was forbidden from doing that with the Huffy grips so this time I applied the "better to ask for forgiveness" clause.

Rule of `60s: gloves, purse, and shoes should all match.

Lots of the muscle bikes were that way too. These grips def look the most 1967-ish.

mp23_zpsoppvxudu.jpg~original

Kid took an interesting pic this afternoon. I was reflecting the sun towards the bike with a big mirror.

mp24_zpszyy1ibtl.jpg~original

I had my son film me riding her through the park today but I'll do that update as a seperate item after the grip vortex page fills up.

Got a close-up of the peace sign mount. I just drilled and tapped it and bolted it through an extra sissy bar clamp.

peace2_zpsxhuxsjrv.jpg~original

gloves, purse, and shoes should all match. Oh wait, that's for another forum......

Not that there's anything wrong with that.:p

Thanks for the input fellas! Glad we survived the grip vortex. Next up will be the ride vid.....it's not great.

Last edited:
Alright, I'll help you "crap it up". We had a nice day in the 40's here too. Supposed to change during the night. Maybe our first dusting of snow on the way. Not too far south of here (2 hrs) they got anywhere between 8 - 12 " depending on the line. The fat bikers are chomping at the bit....including me!

Back