Measuring ERD without spokes..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all so much for helping with this as it's blowing my mind! Maybe not blowing it.. but certainly irritating it! I ordered the 26x1 3/4 rims but I suspect they may be slightly narrower than 1 3/4".. tomorrow I will take all the measurements in the world! I will use a dowel to measure the erd and then do as suggested to get a good idea of the bead seat diameter.

Just for lols I tried pulling the Schwalbe tire onto the rim.. it almost wanted to go on haha. But there was no way it was gonna.. sucks.

Onwards and upwards!

Cheers

While on the wheel building subject, what's the benefit of building your wheels? I'm curious since every wheelset I've bought has performed just fine. I'm not against the idea and if its a cheaper route then cool.

For me it's way cheaper as I already had the coaster hub leftover from another project and stuff is pretty expensive in the UK if it's remotely off the beaten track if that makes sense. Also I can buy the parts in stages and it doesn't hit my cash flow so hard haha!

Back