Memento Mori

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hank Street

Do it right, do it light. Do it wrong, do it long.
Pro Member
Reaction score
I have parts en route currently and will get some pictures to add to the thread tomorrow. I’ll be taking my 77 Schwinn Typhoon and tranforming it from what I did to it previously. I did minimal work previously, but now I have bigger plans. Still doing a bolt on build, no where ready to start welding anything yet.

Current status on the build. The seat is from a 20” Huffy I will be building for my son, just testing height and look. The fram and wheels are the only gaurante pieces that will remain for the new build. I will have a banana seat and running a wide tire in the back with a more narrow tire up front. I’m currently leaning towards the bars in the last picture, but that may change over time.
2CD68182-1D2B-4E45-8A56-E4DE4EA851BD.jpeg
AE24EEC9-59EC-41B8-9F7F-B0A636ED8F72.jpeg
CFAA9C86-C863-4A90-9BD3-B2E21A8CBF25.jpeg

Welcome back to the build off fun @Hank Street ! Big boy muscle bike always strikes a chord with me!

RaT oN~!

I guess that the top bracket gets a nut to hold it in place on the fork top threads?

I have never had one of these, so I am still a bit of a beginner in knowing how they go together :)

Thanks, one day I dream of finding a front fork like that :)
These are re-pop currently manufactured forks. Not sure of world-wide distribution, but I have to believe they are available in Europe?

Lovin' the sprung seat support! I like the saddle too, like Pondo said ^^ depends on the paint job.

Going for a 'big / little' tire combo then? Something with a little wide slick look to it in the rear?

RaT oN~!

Lovin' the sprung seat support! I like the saddle too, like Pondo said ^^ depends on the paint job.

Going for a 'big / little' tire combo then? Something with a little wide slick look to it in the rear?

RaT oN~!
Currently I am planning on a using a GT Smoothie 2.5 in the rear and a Thickslick 2.0 in the front. So apes might still happen, we will see on that. But will hit 2 of 3 at least for the category.

Latest posts

Back