Memento Mori

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah!

Screenshot_20221130-171457_Chrome.jpg

I can see why you chose that red, now that it is all together and out in the sun!

New stems great, bit shorter sort of brings the front in line! this might seem cheap but have thought about using black cable tie's to secure that header wrap at the drop out end! just make sure the locking end is hidden behind the chain stay and you'll only see a thick black band instead of the silver steel clamp!... they should hold if ya pull emup real tight, it'll tie in with the drop out color and it'll even match the single link thats not white!...LOL .just a thought!

New stems great, bit shorter sort of brings the front in line! this might seem cheap but have thought about using black cable tie's to secure that header wrap at the drop out end! just make sure the locking end is hidden behind the chain stay and you'll only see a thick black band instead of the silver steel clamp!... they should hold if ya pull emup real tight, it'll tie in with the drop out color and it'll even match the single link thats not white!...LOL .just a thought!
I did have it that way initially and chose to go the other way. I felt that it helped get the exhaust wrapped look down a little more with these versus the cable tie. Definitely appreciate the input, thank you!

I have been looking at the GT smoothie tires for a build I have planned out. How close are they to the advertised 2.5 inches wide? I am really hoping I can squeeze them in the frame I am planning to use. If they fit it will be a tight fit but the look will be worth it.

So how thick are Thickslicks? Compared to your average balloon tire.

I bought some cheater slicks from Caldera, but they are super thin. Like racing tires made from Kevlar.

I have been looking at the GT smoothie tires for a build I have planned out. How close are they to the advertised 2.5 inches wide? I am really hoping I can squeeze them in the frame I am planning to use. If they fit it will be a tight fit but the look will be worth it.
Much of that is determined by how wide your rim is

Latest posts

Back