Midwest Bike Swap... April 25th Haysville, Ks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ratfink1962 said:
garagegoon, you have some cool bikes, are you going to be selling anything? or just buying?

Doin a bit of both... I dont have much to sell... I try to keep my inventory low due to small work area and the amount of stuff I work on but I will be there... buying and selling....

New project: 1941Colson Firestone Super Cruiser.... In need of parts! This should be done by the Bike Show.. With any luck... Just picked up a New Departure WL front hub and an origional seat in prestine condition... Lookin fer a tank! Going back to origional Blue color... well starting to ramble... Just excited about it...

Cobbled up turd before picture:
1941Colson001.jpg

One other thing...

We will have a Bike Corral setup for people that just have one or two bikes for sale, and dont want to babysit their bikes all day.

How it works: Check in at the signup table and fill out an information card with your name, cell phone number, and price. The card will be placed on your bike and put into the roped off Bike Corral area. Sellers can then go off and do their own thing. Buyers can browse the Bike Corral and contact the seller by way of cell phone if they are interested in buying.

Also not sure If I mentioned it before, but we will also have grilled Hot Dogs and pop available, due to city regulations we really cant sell food, but Donations are always appreciated!

I started loading up the trailer yesterday after the Gravity Shoot Out (so the racers would fit in the garage).
So far I have several BMX frames, an early 80's Murray BMX bike-complete and original, 4 or 5 ladies cruisers, a couple of adult frames, and an '85 or '86 Schwinn Sierra MTB that is in good shape. Lots of tires-MTB, cruiser, and a matched set of Western Flyer 24" tires in great shape-no dry rot or cracking, if they were ever mounted it wasn't for long. Several wheel sets- vintage coaster brake, 3 speed, MTB, lots of 20" wheels. And LOTS of misc stuff- seats, fenders, coaster brake hubs, might even bring a Yellow band Kickback hub that I just rebuilt this morning.

Now I just gotta get through this week...

Cameron,

By chance would you happen to have a 700c wheelset? Well... Ive got a front wheel, but Im looking for a rear for the Indian bike.

I flirted with the thought of making it into a fixie?... or maybe a single speed coaster? or even a 3 speed?

Sounds like you have a load, the real challenge is if you can make it home with LESS that what you bring :lol:

I do as a matter of fact. I have been trying to find one for a build that sort of stalled out. Prices were too high and I just couldn't justify buying a new set. Then when I was cleaning out the garage I found a set I didn't even know I had.

Less or more I don't really care. I just want to go home with different stuff. The next Saturday is our city wide clean up day and anything that I think is junk will be going away then. Even that is dangerous for me though. The city workers pull all the bikes that come in aside for me to pick through. Last year I scored a '49 Schwinn girls skip tooth, a '70s Columbia built Sears 5 speed, and some kind of painted over BMX bike with the big 14mm axles.

Ratfink1962 said:
14mm axles!!!!!! :shock:

I was looking for some, but not anymore!

I snatched it up just for the wheels, but my 14 year old son decided he needed another bike. Why in the world does he need another bike??? Where does he get it from??? Ohhhhh... :oops: :oops: :oops:

udallcustombikes said:
Oh yeah- I need a peaked front fender 26" painted perfered. Anybody be able to help a brother out?
Peaked fenders? Take a look at the pictures of the colson. Maybe what you are looking for? let me know and i will bring them to work fer ya.

garagegoon said:
udallcustombikes said:
Oh yeah- I need a peaked front fender 26" painted perfered. Anybody be able to help a brother out?
Peaked fenders? Take a look at the pictures of the colson. Maybe what you are looking for? let me know and i will bring them to work fer ya.

Ok... That is a bad picture... Just give me a shout and swing by the house.... You got my number...

Back