Mini Velo (ALTON)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't like the original hardware that came with the rack for the front/top bracket. So I used a bracket that came with another rack I no longer have in one piece. So as you can see in the picture below it attaches now to both of the seat stays instead of the fender cross brace.

Rear%20Rack%204.jpg

It seems to ride really nice, still a bit to cold to ride far though. Had it to a little over 12 MPH, but that was only 5th gear. I wasn't really pushing it hard due to there still some ice here and there on the roads. The seat is much better with the heavier springs for me I believe, but I still need to ride it a longer distance.

The whole shabang!! I wouldn't mind putting one of my 65T chainrings on it :) but that's just my style

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
That shouldn't be much of a problem to do and you could even install the front derailleur fairly easy. All the cable lugs and guides are already there on the frame. So if you put a two or three front chain ring on it that would make it even better.

Here is a helmet I just got to ride my bike out on the busy streets.

Giro%20Helmet%201.jpg

Giro%20Helmet%202.jpg

Giro%20Helmet%203.jpg

Giro%20Helmet%204.jpg

It is a Giro Flak Mountain Bike Helmet that I put some decals on it and will be putting a couple more on it. It isn't as dorky looking as a regular bike helmet in my opinion.

If I was to install this 53T / 39T crankset would I run into any issues using it as just a single chainring setup with the 7 speed cog set in the back? I plan on installing a front derailleur at some some other time. Also could I use a derailleur that was used on an 18 speed?
53T crankset.jpg

Back