Mixed up Mixte

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
A pair of mustache bars would look good on there. I was going to use them on mine, but I needed to be more stretched out on the Racer.

nitto_albatrossalloy__77815.jpg

Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Love the frame. The triple stays on the rear reminds me of the Schwinn Twinn. But I've kinda had those on the brain lately.

213261-IMG-20221015-101631551.jpg

100 mile howie

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Chrome rack installed. Dug out an early style Swedish made center stand and cleaned it up and mounted it. I prefer these to the ones to those that I commonly see these days. The chrome chainguard was a bit of a challenge to put on because the frame had no mounting tabs for it. I fabbed a clamp-on mount for the down tube out of aluminum and it was fiddely to get the guard positioned the way I wanted it in relation to the crankset. This one item took up most of a day and was a test of my patience. I was determined to have it my way and it worked out in the end. A younger version of myself would have thrown it on the floor, stomped on it and thrown it on the scrap pile. lol.
IMG_2224.JPG

100 mile howie

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Winter has arrived here in British Columbia. I have been shoveling snow and working on my builds in between times. Found time to bolt on a few bits like the saddle, pump and bottle cage. Next will be the handlebar selection game. I wanted to get an idea of the flavor of the build with the selected components before choosing the bars.
IMG_2249.JPG

100 mile howie

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Trying on different bars that I have on hand. I think I have a favorit, but not absolutely sure. Input welcome as always.
first the dropbars.
IMG_2266.JPG
next the Nitto B206 Sweeps
IMG_2267.JPG
touring bars
IMG_2268.JPG
wide, low rise bars
IMG_2269.JPG
or 5.5" risers
IMG_2270.JPG
I'm always amazed at how the shape of the bars influences the look of the bike.

Latest posts