Mofo / MoFaux 8/1 They're Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux 6/19

Oneuglybike said:
Great idea with the turn signals! What they look like side by side mounted up front? Dual lights.

Here's a quick mock up of the turn signals on Mofaux with MoFo.
591030fc.jpg

Visually the tank lights are freaking awesome!!!
Looks like you knees should clear.
Just watch out if you add trusses or a springer, they might bust the lights when you turn.

The dual tank lights are so cool 8) 8) 8) . How cool would it be if they were functioning turn signals! Then you could add another light up front for the headlight.

ruddigger said:
Oh man, this one should stay bare metal.
I'm with you there...I've been playing with metallic colors that gives the bike a rocketship feeling :)

Ape Stanger said:
The dual tank lights are so cool 8) 8) 8) . How cool would it be if they were functioning turn signals! Then you could add another light up front for the headlight.
That's a cool idea, I just need to first find a headlight that esthetically feels compatible to the side lights.

kingfish254 said:
Visually the tank lights are freaking awesome!!!
Looks like you knees should clear.
Just watch out if you add trusses or a springer, they might bust the lights when you turn.
I've played with both truss rods and several springers...no problem there. It's my mustache handle bars that are not clearing the tank.

OH YA, that looks great. knees be ......, I'd mount 'em.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
OH YA, that looks great. knees be darned, I'd mount 'em.
Terry66 said:
Man, those lights are CRAZY cool....Wow :shock: :shock: :shock:
I wasn't sure if they were going to work or not? But after mocking them up on the tank with the handlebars I'm liking the unique look faux sure :wink:
508af5f2.jpg

I'M DIGGING THIS BIKE FAUX REAL!!

Yaux Braux, I dig Yaux FauxDaux of MOFO and the Daux.
How about gives us some Maux?

Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux 6/21

Those chrome parking lights pretty much directed me to make this build with a more a mechanical flavor. I’ve always liked the futuristic objects and the influences of those comic book space heroes; Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, Rocketeer, etc. I’m thinking MoFaux would be the bike they would ride when their hovercraft wasn't operational.
7a0287e5.jpg

What would it look like? Obviously, it would be reminiscent of a retired rocket spaceship, or a derelict transporter that has seen better days in the wake of its galaxy explorations…a combination of pitted chrome, tarnished brass, rusty metal and rivets holding it together. Before I build anything I always do a drawing to get an idea of the direction I want to pursue. It’s like my blueprint and saves me a lot of time in trial and error.
8ba70b1a.jpg

Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux 6/21

ruddigger said:
I like it all, but the chain guard needs to be crazy too!
You're so right...I saw that this am after marinating on it. I'm digging the Spaceliner chain guard on Kingfish's build...I'll make a few drawings of it and see.

Back