Mom and Dad's Christmas bikes (DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mom and Dad's Christmas bikes (sneek peek)

....!!! The old bikes look awesome with fresh paint!! They have a brand new life for sure! Great job!

Is that white seat and seat frame/springs new or restored?

Thanks guys!

The seats for both bikes are new, I did get a couple of vintage seats, but ran out of time to restore them... Maybe I can do it later and sneak them on the bikes when they arent looking. haha

Back to the garage...

These are very nice bikes. I'm sure your parants will be very happy with them, They may not want to ride them because they look so nice.

Yeah they will probably be used to putt around the neighborhood. I put the small chainrings on them for easier pedaling so hopefully that helps.

And yes, I did put the grips on. I also cut about an inch off the ends of the handlebars first.

Dad's bike is coming together nicely, I was hoping that dropstand would arrive today... I could use it right about now. Should be good enough for pics tomorrow.

Thanks Sensor.

If you like the Ladies bike, wait till you see the Men's bike tomorrow... It looks awesome!!! I gotta be careful about taking pics too, my folks live 3 blocks away, so I sneak them out of the garage for a quick pic and then right back in! :lol:

Almost there... gotta make another run to the hardware store for screws and nuts. Also gotta pick up some sort of steel tubing to fabricate a set of truss rods. Keeping my fingers crossed the UPS guy brings that dropstand also :(

Big thanks to Udallcustombikes for the headbadge rivets, 65Rat for the cherry chainguard, Garagegoon for the crank and chainring.

Wow great work and got a nice shine too, they definitely would be greatfull for the work that you did for them on their bikes.

Good looking build.... I have been looking for a mens bike frame like that.... Can't wait to see the final products! Merry Christmas!! Happy New Year!! 8)

450redrider said:
Its a little late but I have a girls western flyer tank that might fit

Thanks, but I think Ill have to pass. Im sure it would look great... but I dont think I would have enough time to get it painted and installed. Seems like it takes forever to get catalyzed primer and paint to set up... even with running the propane garage heater.

garagegoon said:
Good looking build.... I have been looking for a mens bike frame like that.... Can't wait to see the final products! Merry Christmas!! Happy New Year!!

Thanks, and I got these from Thad if you didn't know... maybe he has another in his stable?

Amazing pair :shock:
You´re really talented, hope to have a kid like you some day :mrgreen:

Don´t forget the pics when they´re done!

Ratfink1962 said:
450redrider said:
Its a little late but I have a girls western flyer tank that might fit

Thanks, but I think Ill have to pass. Im sure it would look great... but I dont think I would have enough time to get it painted and installed. Seems like it takes forever to get catalyzed primer and paint to set up... even with running the propane garage heater.
No problem I was fighting some paint the other day and I know how that can be

450redrider said:
No problem I was fighting some paint the other day and I know how that can be

Yeah it seems like it took forever for stuff to cure. :roll:

Ok Im still anxiously awaiting the UPS guy. Other than the dropstand... its done!!

Check it out... Of course its also overcast today, with sleet/snow in the forecast. Wish the sun was out, they both have a good shine, but I think the Maroon color really pops!

030.jpg

031.jpg

029.jpg

032.jpg

Awsome!!! Good Job!! You took two bikes that were tired and made them new again... Gave them a second lifetime!!! 8)

Back